AMIkids has served over 140,000 kids and their families since 1969. Being part of the AMIkids team means that you are helping youth to realize their full potential and become a valuable part of their community.
Do you want a smaller class size? Do you enjoy creating fun and engaging lesson plans? Do you want to make an impact to your community and the youth in it?
If you said yes to any of these, join AMIkids and help us make a Lasting Impact on Kids! AMIkids Duval County is hiring for a Social Studies Teacher. The Teacher role provides instruction and guidance to youth within the appropriate grade or academic level. Teachers are responsible for adhering to recognized curriculum standards, and compliance with instructional guidelines as defined by the local School District and educational systems.
Primary objective is the realization of AMIkids’ mission to provide a safe and successful learning environment for youth, while encouraging social and emotional development through the achievement of academic and personal goals.
Essential Job Duties
- Provide professional instruction and teaching to a diverse population of youth as appropriate to the specified course or discipline and/or academic level,
- Adhere to established standards regarding curriculum delivery, educational guidelines and quality assurance requirements as established by AMIkids and the applicable contract providers,
- Effective use of the AMIkids Personal Growth Model’s Targeted Behavioral Interventions System,
- Utilize and establish effective interpersonal skills within the workplace,
- Participate in staff meetings and professional development opportunities,
- Provide appropriate accommodations based on youth’s IEP and 504 plans,
- Identify and provide appropriate interventions to meet the academic and/or behavioral needs of youth,
- Maintain accurate education records (e.g., attendance, grades, lesson planning, progress monitoring),
- Coordinate youth activities with the Lead Teacher, Director of Education, Program Manager, Director of Operations and/or Executive Director,
- Use authorized state mandated training methods, to prevent and intervene in youth altercations and/or incidents,
- Actively supervise/coordinate day trips and special activities that involve recreational sports, facility and equipment cleaning, grounds maintenance and equipment relocation,
- Serve as advisor and positive role model for youth at all times,
- Maintain appropriate work habits, including regular and punctual attendance,
- Attend and maintain CPR and First Aid certification by nationally recognized organization,
- Attend and maintain appropriate crisis intervention and physical restraint training and certification as defined by state and contract requirements,
- Maintain appropriate certification(s) and license(s),
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience * * Bachelor’s Degree in Education, the academic discipline being delivered, or related field,
- Teaching or coursework experience, or other similar activity in area of primary instruction required; experience working with high risk youth preferred,
- Possess and maintain current Teaching Certification in assigned subject area,
- Must possess and maintain valid driver’s license in the state of employment and have a driving record that meets the standards of the AMIkids Transportation Policy (CDL may be required based on role).
Perks and Benefits:
- Growth opportunities – we pride ourselves on developing our leaders from within
- Health Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, & Prescription Drug plan options; Health Savings Account/HRA, Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Wellness Benefits – EAP, Health Coaching, Stress Management Programs, etc.
- Employer Funded Pension Plan, Voluntary 403(B) Retirement Plan, Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Pet Insurance, World Travel Assistance, Car Rental discounts, Gym Membership discounts, and more.
AMIkids, Inc. and AMIkids’ affiliated Programs (hereafter referred to AMIkids collectively) are Equal Opportunity Employer(s) and do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, military service, or any other status protected by law.
Federal law requires AMIkids to request certain demographic information from you for reporting purposes. This information is not used for employment decisions unless job-related and your participation in providing this information is voluntary.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply