We are seeking an R&D Science and Engineering manager to lead Department 523, Nuclear Deterrence (ND) Governance and Engineering Processes Department. This department is in Group 520, ND Technical Governance and Transformation, which consists of three other departments: ND Transformation (521), ND Annual Assessment & NNSA Sandia Field Office (SFO) Interface (522), and Weaponeer Professional Development (524). Together, we are responsible for developing, maintaining, and deploying ND cross-cutting and foundational initiatives for standardized, well-vetted resources to achieve an engineering excellence culture. We engineer the foundation of Sandia’s ND programs to ensure the delivery of quality products in support of ND product realization.
Department 523 develops, improves, and governs the weapons lifecycle processes to consistently and responsively enable weapon programs/projects to deliver quality ND product.
This department manages:
- The Product Realization Governance Structure (WEC, PRAC and Governing Boards), which fosters and achieves SNL product realization excellence by addressing strategic opportunities and operational issues impacting the Phase X/6.X lifecycle at the appropriate levels
- The Realize Product Subsystem (RPSS), which is the governed system embedding a structured and consistent approach to assure that all elements of excellence in engineering and the Phase X/6.X process are implemented, while also meeting DOE/NNSA contractual requirements leading to the delivery of high-quality products
- The Nuclear Weapons Requirements Integration Office (NWRIO), which directly interfaces with the DOE/NNSA and other sites in the Nuclear Security Enterprise (NSE) to support the development and release of contractual requirements, ensuring all requirements are reviewed, analyzed, and implemented through local processes
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Exercise strong leadership by influencing people and providing purpose, vision, and motivation, while operating to accomplish the mission and improving the organization consistent with the Group 520 Vision and Strategy
- Ensure deliverables are met by developing and leading multi-disciplinary teams responding to changing requirements in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Attract, motivate, and develop staff, fostering a passion for improvement
- Manage, track and report cost, scope, and schedule for the appropriate control accounts
- Cultivate and instill strong and productive partnership mindsets and behaviors while leading the team through challenging issues
- Collaborate as a member of the Center 500 and Group 520 Management Teams
Click Here To Apply