GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 200 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Summary of Position:
The primary function of the Gator Gypsum, Inc. office administrator will be responsible for providing administrative support to the office and accounting departments at a distribution yard. This role requires outstanding organizational skills, along with the ability to multitask. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, proactive, and possess the ability to work through competing priorities with minimal supervision and direction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Appropriately responding to and managing telephone calls and mail/email requests
- Assisting with the invoicing and processing of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Prepare, track, and manage preliminary notices
- Prepare and receive items for shipping via Fed Ex, UPS, and standard mail daily
- Deliver, process and respond to mail
- Assist front counter with customer inquiries and direct calls appropriately
- Assist Office Manager and/or Branch Manager with day to day responsibilities regarding customer orders, invoices, office supplies and maintenance
- Scan, copy, and organize important documents and files
- Assist the controller with accounting related activities
- Hours and days negotiable
- Ability to self-manage, show initiative and be proactive
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing to coworkers and customers
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge and use of general office administration/management practices and equipment.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with Microsoft Office products (i.e., Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to proactively problem-solve, make decisions, anticipate next steps, implement solutions and monitor progress for multiple projects
- Strong organizational, analytical, prioritization, time management and calendar management skills
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience
- Must be able to remain in stationary position 70%
- Occasionally, will move about inside the office to access files, office machinery, etc.
- Must be able to operate basic office machinery
- Must be able to communicate with team and management and be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Constantly working in office environment
- Must be able to problem solve and prioritize tasks
- Must be able to manage stress depending on tasks
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to receive and analyze office information
- Must be able to quickly communicate solutions if problems occur
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of sound judgement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid holidays & vacation days
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Click Here To Apply