TITLE: Certified Medical Assistant
$2,000.00 SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE!!
: Performs tasks and responsibilities within the framework of case finding, health teaching, health counseling, and provision of supportive and restorative care under the direction of a licensed health care provider.
Current Medical Assistant preferred and BLS Certification Experience: 1 year physician office experience
1. Patient Care – Collect all outside medical records and test results from referring physician for health care provider review.
2. Review patient schedule with health care provider and plan for clinical day.
3. Helps to prepare, maintain, retrieve and re-file patient charts.
4. Clean exam rooms, ensures proper supplies are available, and demonstrates safe use of equipment related to patient care.
5. Maintain infection control measures with all patient contact. Comply with standards of Infection Control and Quality Improvement Policies and Procedures at all times.
6. Promotes a safe and efficient working environment by adhering to safe equipment and supply handling Policies and Procedures at all times.
7. Immediately reports all incidents, irregularities, unsafe conditions, equipment and/or unusual occurrences to Site Supervisor.
8. Escort patient to exam room and perform routine testing within the scope of Certified Medical Assistant Practice.
9. Assists practitioners with the completion of patient summaries, medication/allergy reconciliation at every office visit, and history forms.
10. Demonstrates knowledge of age appropriate care.
11. Consistently responds to patient and family members concerns in a prompt, courteous and professional manner. Directs inquires, complaints or problems to appropriate resource.
12. Transfer to the appropriate clinical staff, clinical patient calls, and reviews.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS Certification: Current Medical Assistant preferred and BLS Certification Experience: 1 year physician office experience
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL FACTORS Physical: Requires light to moderate physical effort as in prolonged periods of sitting, standing, stocking/unpacking supplies, repeated changes of position with the work routine or other constant physical movements. Mental: Moderate stress due to periodic or cyclical workload pressures. ENVIRONMENTAL AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Location: Poughkeepsie-1 Columbia Street-Suite 300
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day 8
Work Shift: Monday-Friday 8:30-5
Org Unit: 1404
Department: Cardio-Thoracic Surgeons
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Click Here To Apply