Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014 and headquartered in San Francisco, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options — from rooms to suites and apartments — found in more than 30 cities spanning eight countries and three continents. Sonder’s innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self-check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
As a Guest Services Representative you will answer guest questions, troubleshoot guest issues, field reservations requests when needed, and take our guest experience to the next level. With guest requests coming in at all hours, our Guest Services Representatives are responsible for speaking directly with guests and working closely with our city teams to deliver on our brand promise and ensure the needs of our guests are met. Please note upon application: the training schedule for this role is for the first four weeks, 10 am-6 pm CDT, Monday-Friday.
WE ARE CURRENTLY HIRING FOR FULL-TIME EVENING AND WEEKEND COVERAGE. Shifts will be between 4:30 pm-12:30 am CDT. Shifts will include at least 1 weekend day, but most likely both. We schedule hours on a monthly basis and your schedule will fluctuate based on business needs. You will be provided at least 1 week’s notice of the change to your schedule. Changes can include days worked, as well as time of day but we try to keep schedules consistent when possible.
If you are hard-working, empathetic, solutions-oriented, and ready to jump into the startup world then this is the job for you.
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Be the first point of contact for all our guests via phone, email and messaging
- Learn the ins and outs of our travel business so you can handle any questions guests have
- Respond to, troubleshoot, and resolve guest issues in a timely and positive manner
- Handle the booking process from start to finish when reservations requests overflow from the Central Reservations Team
- Coordinate with our city teams to resolve issues on the ground and provide ongoing updates to guests
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Minimum 2 years of post-secondary education
- Minimum 2 years of customer-facing experience (retail, contact center, food service industry, etc.)
- Ability to adapt in a rapid growth environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Personable and love speaking with others via phone, email, and chat
- Strong computer literacy skills
- Sense of humor
- Reliable mode of transportation
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule
- While our teams work remote, you must have a quiet place to work and reliable internet
- Bilingual with verbal and written fluency in English and Spanish a plus
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work with colleagues!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Click Here To Apply