A bit about us:
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
The Retail Services Department is responsible for store design and visual merchandising support/execution throughout Trek Bicycle Corporation and our independent dealer base worldwide. The retail store designer will provide 3D/2D design solutions for a wide variety of projects, including fixtures, shop-in-shops, new stores and remodels. This position is based in Waterloo, WI.
- Store Designs with emphasis on direct retail and dealer owned Concept stores
- Execute brand and design intent, will be involved in phases of the implementation process from lease signing through construction in order to roll out successful spaces for operation.
- This position contributes to Trek Bicycle Corp. success by elevating the overall quality of store design and new concepts that uphold Trek’s Customer Experience while meeting cost, schedule, and operational requirements.
40% Store Design:
Execute brand and design intent, will be involved in phases of the implementation process from lease signing through construction in order to roll out successful spaces for operation. Responsible for creation of conceptual and schematic design packages for both direct and dealer owned store projects. In-depth coordination between Management, Environmental Designers, and Visual Merchandisers assigned to projects. Work is highly independent in a collaborative environment. Communication with all parties, including vendors, contractors and internal stakeholders with intent to coordinate and review design challenges as they arise before the store opening or remodel completion.
30% Plan Production:
Provides fast and accurate 2D and 3D Design Development packages on designed space. Will spend time completing consistent deliverables on every project that will be reviewed by team members in an effort of collaboration to grow the teams design skills. Some projects may need fast turnaround on production that is a simple execution of an established program and does not require extensive design or layout. Success for production will be measured on the Store Designer’s ability to complete the intended program with clarity and a full design deliverable within timeline and budget.
20% Budget and Timeline Management:
10% Vendor Relationships:
Manage relationships with partners and vendors in order to maintain roll out success, budgets and schedule efficiency, and continuously develop to improve the organizational goals and best practices.
- 3+ years core skill experience in multi-unit retail design involving new and remodel store design, building construction, interiors, site design, construction document production and construction administration.
- 2+ years of 3D design experience
- Deadline driven and works well under pressure
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Current knowledge of industry trends in retail store design including furniture and finishes
- Current working knowledge of building codes and compliance issues
- Demonstrated 3D visualization ability and working knowledge of color and design principles with associated program
- Flexible and fun company culture
- Competitive health care
- PPO & HDHP medical plan options, Dental insurance, Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Free life insurance & optional term life insurance
- Competitive vacation package
- 401(k) with match and Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
- 12 weeks of maternity leave with 100% pay
- Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
- Employee discounts on all product
- Deep partner retail discounts
Click Here To Apply