- Resolves problems that require an administrative decision or intervention in conjunction with hospital policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with Clinical Directors, Nurse Managers, and departmental directors in decisions that affect patient care and hospital functioning.
- Coordinates RRT and Codes.
- Assesses all patients in restraints and one on ones for appropriateness and safety.
- Facilitates survey readiness while rounding.
- Coordinates nursing resources throughout the nursing division to support the best use of staff and their skills.
- Coordinates the deployment of the Nursing Resource Pool on all shifts.
- Supports quality and safety initiatives throughout the house through communication, observation, and facilitation of quality initiatives. This would include but is not limited to falls reduction initiatives, BSI, and UTI reduction initiatives.
BSN required; MSN preferred. 5 or more years in direct patient care, 3 years hospital nursing experience. 1 year nursing supervisory experience required, inpatient Nurse Manager experience preferred. Strong charge nurse experience acceptable.
Excellent interpersonal skills & strong organizational skills. The candidate must have working knowledge of the key quality and regulatory organizations and communication skills along with maintaining a strict confidentiality of information acquired in the course of duties.
This position requires occasional rotation.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life’s Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Click Here To Apply