Neighborhood Health Center (NHC) is GROWING and actively seeking a Medical Assistant. The Medical Assistant will have responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, participating in patient intake process by taking vital signs and history, assuring medical records are up-to-date, and assisting providers with examinations and treatments. For more than 30 years, NHC has delivered quality healthcare to the communities we serve.
Neighborhood Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). FQHCs are required to comply with the governor’s recent mandate requiring hospital and nursing home workers to get the COVID-19 vaccine. You will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination if an offer of employment is made. The vaccine mandate applies to all personnel employed or affiliated with a covered entity, including volunteers and students. Only a limited medical exemption remains for qualifying individuals.
· Prepares patients for and assists provider with examinations and treatments
· Prepares and maintains examination and treatment rooms
· Participates with patient intake process by taking vital signs and history, and assures medical records are up-to-date
· Assists in facilitating patient flow for the provider to ensure a seamless and efficient patient flow
· Performs CLIA waived tests and lot controls as per manufacturers’ directions and clinic protocols
· Inventories medical supplies
· Must be able to provide evidence of the successful completion of a recognized Nursing Assistant/Medical Assistant training program or relevant related training/experience
· At least two years of medical experience preferred in an office/clinical setting
· Must have current CPR certification
· Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
· Superb organizational skills
· Self-starter with the ability to work proactively and take initiative
· Results-oriented; creative and persistent in accomplishing tasks
· Highly responsive, timely, accurate and thorough in follow-up and follow-through
· Highly flexible, positive and results-oriented attitude
· Excellent in managing shifting priorities and timelines
· Outstanding time-management skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent judgment and discretion
There are many fantastic benefits to a career at Neighborhood Health Center. We offer employees a kind, diverse, team-based work environment with competitive compensation and potential bonus, as well as comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, life insurance, 403b match, health savings accounts, generous paid time off and loan forgiveness, if applicable.
Interested? Call, Visit, Apply!
If you have the right combination of skills and experience, want to work for a mission driven organization and be part of our growth story, please contact us. Visit our Career page at https://nhcwny.org/careers/overview/.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Certified Medical Assistant (Preferred)
- CNA (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Click Here To Apply