Miguel’s Jr. stays true to who we are with Our WHY, or our purpose:
We create positive experiences and opportunities around
the LOVE OF FOOD, FAMILY, AND SERVICE.
At Miguel’s you will find more than just a job. We are a family and a team with goals and aspirations!
Our Dish/Prep Cooks are one of the most important jobs in the restaurant: preparing delicious food for our valued guests and keeping our food surfaces clean. If you enjoy cooking and pleasing people, this is a great job for you!
Our team members enjoy:
- Free meals on every shift
Generous food discounts on days off
A fun environment
- Full or Part time available
Training for advancement opportunities
Great Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, Life, 401k with company match and much more!
Full Job Description: Dishwasher and Food Prep
All Back-of-House Team Members maintain outstanding customer service in processing orders quickly, accurately and efficiently. The Dishwasher/Prep is responsible for the cleanliness of all equipment and wares used by the BOH and FOH. This position can also be involved with the BOH’s food prep needs throughout any given shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Wash large restaurant pots and pans
- Emptying trash bins in dumpster
- Safely slice lettuce, cheese, and other prep items using restaurant equipment
- Maintain cleanliness inside/outside of the restaurant to standard, including restrooms
- Assist the kitchen line when needed
- Monitoring quality and cleanliness of food and equipment in the BOH
- Assist the team to meet or exceed speed of service goals for the Guest by ensuring smooth operations and
memorable guest experience with all aspects
- Maintain food safety HACCP checks daily
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Great problem solving and priority setting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills both
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills are a must
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation (DOE)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & (PSL) Paid Sick Leave
- Health Insurance benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Ability to lift up to 30+ pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to multitask and prioritize task
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Must supply a food handlers card when hired
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to whether conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and consistent with a restaurant environment
Key words: food prep, preparation, Mexican food, Spanish, great, hands-on, training, growth
Click Here To Apply