Who is Martin Sprocket & Gear?
Martin is a progressive leader in the Power Transmission and Bulk Material Handling Industry, classified as an essential business. We are proud of our rich heritage dating back to our beginning in 1951 as a family-run organization. Fast forward to today, we have more than 30 locations in North America.
Why is it great to work for us?
As an employer of choice, we offer a stable work environment with equal leadership development and career growth opportunities. We take great pride in “Our People” and believe they are our greatest asset.
- Affordable Medical, Pharmacy, and Dental
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k Profit Trust Plan
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Growth Opportunities
- Competitive Pay
- Shift differential’s
- 2nd Shift: 6% added to an hourly wage
- 3rd Shift: 8% added to an hourly wage
What will you do?
In this role, you will be involved in the welding of metal parts and operating industrial machine tools to compete customer orders for a dynamic product line supporting various applications in industries such as agriculture, industrial conveyor systems, and power transmissions.
- Weld metal parts using a MIG welding process
- Work from process sheets, blueprints, or other written/verbal instructions given by the supervisor to perform production tasks.
- Maneuver large, awkward, or heavy parts manually or with a crane.
- Inspect welds throughout the process and use grinding tools when necessary
- Maintain machine and work area in a clean and safe manner.
- Check and inspect operation against predetermined tolerances.
- Work in other areas or departments as assigned.
- Schedule: 2nd Shift, Monday – Thursday 3:00 PM – 1:00 AM
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for engaged individuals that are adaptable to a changing environment, take pleasure in learning and enjoy working with others.
- MIG welding experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent schooling preferred
- Experience with grinding tools and machines preferred
- Simple oral communication skills; ability to read and comprehend instructions written in English and complete simple logs and reports in English
- Physically able to handle heavy items including lifting, pushing, pulling, and positioning components
- Work scheduled hours and comply with the company’s timekeeping policy and all other company policies
- Able to consistently stand for an entire shift
- General mechanical knowledge a plus
- Ability to work effectively with others and be a team player
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to report daily to the company’s Mansfield, Texas branch to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified candidates with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Click Here To Apply