Hardwoods Distribution Inc.(HDI) is North America’s largest distributor of high-grade hardwood lumber, sheet goods, decorative millwork; architectural building products and decorative surfaces to the residential and commercial construction markets. HDI operates a North American network of over eighty-five distribution centers. Consisting of four distinct brands; Hardwoods Specialty Products; Rugby Architectural Products; Frank Paxton Lumber Company and Novo Building Products, we have approximately 2,600 employees across North America and the Head Office is located in Langley BC, Canada.
This role performs an array of functions that include receiving and processing incoming materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, and ensuring general cleanliness and safety in the warehouse.
A Day in the Life
Our workplace is dynamic, supportive and entrepreneurial in spirit, and we pride ourselves in being grounded in our values of Ethics; People; Company; Passion for Success; Simplicity and Safety.
- Must work in a safe manner according to all safety and other company policies
- Unloading and loading flatbed trailers, dry vans and containers
- Verifying counts and identifying products to be stocked
- Tagging and stocking materials in warehouse
- Tallying lumber
- Identifying and tagging products
- Cleaning the warehouse
- Pulling orders
- Packaging and staging pulled orders
- Organize product in the warehouse
- Driving forklift, this includes dismounting and re-entering forklift multiple times throughout the day
- Requires both bulk handling as well as “piece pulls” – will require direct handling of lumber items
Safety is of utmost importance and all employees agree to maintain a safe work environment and abide by our safety and other company policies.
Benefits of Working with Us
- Competitive wage
- Complete insurance coverage – medical, dental, vision, life.
- Generous paid vacation time
- Safety focused workplace
This role reports to the Manager
- 3-5 years experience as a warehouse worker
- High school diploma
- Forklift experience strongly desired – lumber handling a plus
- Self-starter, able to work without constant direct supervision
- Ability to lift 70+lbs
- High attention to detail
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Basic computer skills for receiving products
- Good math skills and ability to use a tape measure
- English verbal and written communication skills are required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods
- Sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Positive, proactive and energetic attitude-demonstrated team player characteristics as verified by references
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Experience working in the lumber or building materials industry
- Forklift certification a plus
Typical warehouse environment.
Please note, as part of our interview process we ask candidates to participate in a series of assessments. These assessments are designed to help more fully understand the candidate’s attributes. Assessments are administered in the office and take approximately 30 minutes.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Click Here To Apply