Manages a single project contract to ensure that budget, project personnel and production schedule is completed in compliance with Owner expectations, contract specifications and Company standards.
- Manages all aspects of the project, including construction, budget and cash management for a single assigned project to ensure compliance with the project contract and owner needs.
- Develops and manages the project schedule, pay estimates, project procedures, staffing requirements, and equipment resources needed to complete accurate and timely project production.
- Assesses initial project contract and supporting documents for completeness. Works with owner to resolve specification, contract conflict and scheduling issues.
- Coordinates with project personnel to accurately update the project construction schedule and adjust for any change orders. Works with Area Manager to coordinate any change orders identified in production cost or schedule.
- Creates and presents monthly cost and revenue forecast and reports to Flatiron leadership.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Develops internal and external working relationships with Flatiron supporting departments and project Owner to support the project work plan and payment schedule.
- Reviews and approves all internal and external media news releases regarding the project.
- Operates as main point of contact for all third-party stakeholders, including landowners, local business owners and government agencies that need to be engaged during the project.
- Facilitates project safety reviews and procedures by conducting daily and weekly safety checks at the project site to ensure compliance with project and owner safety programs.
- Coordinates with project superintendent to identify staffing and equipment needs for efficient and effective project production.
- Collaborates with internal legal counsel to resolve any project disputes.
- Leads project closeout procedures, finalizing contract paperwork, obtaining retainages and working with management to resolve any project claims. Leads project debrief cycle to review all aspects of project work and completion.
- Maintains knowledge of Company’s values and strategic plan.
5+ years’ experience in construction, engineering or scheduling required.
- Experience in managing personnel required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Strong interpersonal skills developed to engage and retain positive working relationships.
- Strong developed skill to identify, track and manage project risk.
- Developing ability to delegate task driven responsibilities to project personnel.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, including advanced skill working in Excel.
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.
Click Here To Apply