Under the leadership and guidance of the Oncology Service line director functions as a member of the multidisciplinary team, serving as an advocate and educator to breast cancer patients from diagnosis through end of active treatment and possibly end of life. Provides individualized assistance to patients, families, and caregivers to help provide education and resources to facilitate informed decision making and timely access to quality health and psychosocial care throughout all phases of the Oncology care continuum. Partners with other agencies, care organizations and healthcare providers to maximize resources for quality patient care. Develops with patient individualized plans of care and empowers them with knowledge and emotional support to independently navigate through the healthcare continuum. Serves as a consistent point of contact for referring physicians, patients, caregivers, families and the community. Builds relationships to coordinate the plan of care, assist with appointments, transportation needs, education and resource provision. Assumes responsibility to achieve efficient, high quality outcomes for cancer patients in the Lutheran Health Network.
Minimal Acceptable Job Qualifications
Current Indiana state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN). BSN preferred. CPR certification within 90 days of date in position;
Minimum of two years of clinical nursing experience; prior experience in oncology services preferred.
Completion of a nursing program diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Associates or better in Nursing
- L-IN-RN License
- C-AHA BLS Cardiac Instruc
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Click Here To Apply