McCall Thomas Engineering Company, Inc. is hiring highly motivated Communications Staking Technicians (OSP) with experience in Fiber to the Home (FTTH) design, staking (including locating buried cable), inspection of construction and GPS facility mapping of Outside Plant Facilities.
Qualified candidates must have high school diploma, current valid driver’s license, work experience in Outside Plant FTTH Telecommunication field, must be proficient in locating buried cable, reading schematics and FTTH staking. Candidate must be willing to travel; overnight stays may be required in SC and Eastern GA area.
Locations: South Carolina and Eastern Georgia.
At McCall-Thomas Engineering we have been providing quality engineering and technical services since 1945. With a storied history of over 75 years and more than 200 clients, McCall-Thomas continues to take great pride in utilizing our experience and efficiency to provide the highest quality engineering and technical services for the ultimate success of our valued clients.
McCall-Thomas Engineering is a multi-faceted engineering firm housing multiple divisions including the Communications Engineering Division, the Electrical Engineering Division, the Electric Utility Service Division, the Electric Field Operations & UAS, as well as the McT Learning Center and Print Services.
What Will You Need:
- High school diploma
- Valid driver’s license
- work experience in Outside Plant FTTH Telecommunication field
- RUS (Rural Utility Service) Units and Practices familiarity
- Reading schematics
- FTTH staking: staking fiber optic and aerial cable (both hand-drawn and electronic staking sheets)
- tabulation of staking sheets
- inspection of fiber optic construction experience (buried and aerial)
- GPS facility mapping of Outside Plant Facilities experience
- Ability to travel/overnight stays (as needed)
*Pay will be commensurate with experience*
What We Offer:
At McCall-Thomas, we offer employees the chance to work with great people on exciting projects, with opportunity for growth. We also provide a full range of benefits for employees, such as:
- Competitive compensation
- 100% company-paid medical insurance
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid time off and holiday leave
- Stock ownership opportunities
Click Here To Apply