We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!
we have been nominated by our employees for the 3rd year in a row as a Great Place to Work-Certified™.
We have excellent benefits, great pay, and full time hours for you!
NEW WAGES – $12 TO $16.33 an hour
Work a shift between the hours of 7 am-9 pm Saturday and Sunday.
Work a shift between the hours of 12 pm and 9 pm during the week.
Must work every other weekend.
We are currently hiring experienced Caregivers to complete home care visits in our senior client’s homes. You will use your vehicle to drive to senior citizens homes and you will assist them with tasks they can no longer do by themselves and use your training. We pay for your mileage and driving time in between home visits.
Work where you feel safe.
During the National Public Health Emergency caused by the COVID-19 Pandemic, do you want to work in one of the safest environments possible? A place where the people you serve average 85% fully vaccinated? A place where your co-workers will also be fully vaccinated? Recently, the Healthcare division of Volunteers of America National Services decided to require vaccination for all employees, volunteers and contractors. While this decision was difficult, we understand that we care for individuals who are most susceptible to advanced COVID illness and death. We are committed to providing the safest environment possible for those we serve. This commitment extends to another very important group of individuals, our employees.
Join us today in providing care and services to older adults in an organization that cares deeply about the health and well-being of others; those we care for, our employees, our community and our Nation.
Benefits of working for Volunteers of America (VOA):
At VOA we understand that our employees are our greatest asset, and we are happy to offer them the following benefits:
Flexible scheduling and consistent hours
Stable organization; we’ve been a nonprofit for over 120 years
Positive work environment
Paid training/Continuing education
We welcome new graduates
We value seasoned/experienced staff
Casual positions available to accommodate students
A variety in your daily duties
Fast paced, low stress working environment
Flexible Spending Account
Under the direction and supervision of the In–Home Services Manager is responsible for providing and assisting participants with activities of daily living, and supportive care necessary to the preservation of the home environment. Assist in providing a safe environment for the participants of Senior CommUnity Care. Functions as a member of Interdisciplinary Team.
- Assist participants with ADL’s (bathing, dressing, grooming, hair care, mouth care, eating, hand and foot nail care and toileting) as assigned or needed.
- Assists participants with restorative and supportive care (including ambulating, positioning, transferring, skin care, personal care, etc.) as assigned or needed.
- Assists participants with Independent Activities of Daily Living (IADL’s) (grocery shopping, cleaning, changing bed linens, laundry, meal preparation and other routine household care) as assigned. Orders supplies from Adult Day Health Center (ADHC) as needed.
- Documents services provided to participants consistently and accurately via approved system/ Daily Activity Record. Documentation is completed in a timely manner. Completes all participant documentation in the medical chart in a timely manner following Senior CommUnity Care procedure.
- Implements in-home services plan of care; contacts supervisor with any clarifications.
- Reports pertinent information regarding participants in a timely manner to appropriate team members and supervisor.
- Participates in participants’ plan of care through cooperation with Interdisciplinary Team.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by In-Home Services Manager or designee as instructed.
- Participates in and supports Quality Improvement Initiatives.
- Follows all Senior CommUnity Care policies and procedures and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety guidelines.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all company procedures, results, and information about participants, clients or families.
- Handles potentially infectious specimens with appropriate biohazard precautions, and practices Universal Precautions.
- Maintains safe working environment. Follows Senior CommUnity Care Safety policies and procedures.
- Participates in continuing education classes and any required staff and training meetings. Maintains professional affiliations and any required certifications.
- Performs other duties as required or requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant contact.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and have means of transportation.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: A minimum of one year’s experience in working with the frail or elderly population as a volunteer, taking care of an elderly relative or friend, or in a job.
- Skills and Knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of how to support frail or elderly in Activities of Daily Living (ADL).
- Knowledge of how to use and maintain in-home equipment (adaptive).
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with participants, co-workers, medical staff, and the public.
- Skilled in identifying and recommending problem resolution.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to work with frail and demented population.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.00 – $16.33 per hour
- Do you have reliable transportation? This position is in home care, driving from home to home of the elderly.
- Do you have a valid drivers license?
- Because we are a health care organization working with the frail and elderly, we require all employees to be COVID-19 vaccinated. Are you COVID-19 vaccinated, plan to get the COVID-19 vaccination or do have a valid medical or religious exemption from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine?
- Are you able to work an 8 hour shift between the hours of 7 am-9 pm during the week and every other weekend?
Click Here To Apply