School Age Speech Language Pathologist
King of Prussia, PA
Full time or part time therapist for school aged students.
A Speech-Language Pathologist is the health-care professional educated and trained to evaluate and treat children and adults with speech, language, and swallowing problems. Because communication is the essence of social existence, a serious disorder has profound effects on the individual.
All of our therapists hold a master’s degree, are PA licensed and have earned the Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from the American Speech – Language – Hearing Association (ASHA), the national professional, scientific and accrediting organization responsible for certifying speech-language pathologists.
Scope of clinical practice:
- Evaluate students/clients speech and language abilities and administer diagnostic tests to assess speech and language abilities.
- Establish realistic and anticipated goals for the student/client and his potential for utilization of speech therapy services to enable him to function adequately in home, community and school environment.
- Establish plan of treatment and implement the students/clients plan of treatment.
- Provide the appropriate speech therapy services on a regular schedule of therapy.
- Arrange opportunities for parent counseling and/or observations.
- Make referrals for ancillary services available within the school system and/or hospital.
- Participate in conferences related to student/client progress in planning for implementation of the students/clients treatment plan.
- Conduct IEP meetings or client meetings independently when speech therapy is the only service identified, acting as the case manager.
- Teach, consult and instruct other school team disciplines and to the speech services through planned educational programs.
- Communicate to: 1) teachers; 2) administrators; 3) family; 4) ancillary and auxiliary services and physicians through written records upon request.
Please apply below and call to schedule an interview 215-659-5599
Contact: Orna Kempler-Azulay M.A., CCC-SLP
President, Abington Speech Pathology Services, INC.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Master’s (Preferred)
- Pennsylvania SLP Certification (Preferred)
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in SLP (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
Click Here To Apply