The Licensed Nurse is responsible for treatments, medication assistance, and resident care. He/she also supervises Caregivers in providing care. The Licensed Nurse provides resident care following current federal, state, and local regulations and established corporate policy and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists in planning and giving care for each resident. Keeps the Resident Services Coordinator informed of changes observed in residents.
2. Follows established policies and procedures to assure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and Operating Guidelines.
3. Provides resident care to each resident in a manner that demonstrates knowledge of resident rights. Demonstrates respect for privacy by knocking on the residents door before entering. Maintains resident confidentiality. Informs the residents of the purpose (i.e., give medication, treatment) and respects their right to refuse.
4. Administers medications and treatments to residents and documents this on designated forms.
5. Supervises resident care staff. Provides assistance and instruction as needed to caregivers. Works with caregivers when medication and treatment responsibilities are complete.
a. emergency calls are answered promptly;
b. residents are neatly dressed and groomed;
c. dining room service is efficient;
d. apartments are clean and orderly;
e. documentation is complete.
6. Sees that all residents who desire to eat in their apartments receive trays in a
7. Assists new residents by orienting them to the community as assigned.
8. Orders the necessary medications and supplies.
9. Leaves notes in Communication Book and/or resident record as indicated.
10. Sees that charges for care and services are documented.
11. Participates in correct implementation of infection control practices.
12. Reports and documents all unusual incidents on the Community Incident Report
form. Notifies physicians and family as appropriate.
13. Promotes a collaborative working environment by using effective communication
skills among the resident care staff, other departments, and consultants.
14. Shows respect and responsiveness to residents, their families and guests.
Resolves resident or family complaints when possible and refers as necessary to
the Resident Services Coordinator.
15. Receives/gives shift exchange report of significant condition changes of
16. When the Resident Services Coordinator is not in the community, handles sick
calls and contacts staff to cover the schedule.
17. Attends community in-service classes and staff meetings on a regular basis.
18. Maintains a current state license and brings renewed license to community for
19. Answers telephone as necessary using proper telephone etiquette and taking
20. Works as a Chancellor team member to maintain a pleasant, effective work
environment for staff and a caring home environment for the residents.
21. Participates on committees as assigned.
22. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Memory Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- LPN / RN (Required)
- CPR Certification (Required)
- One location
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply