Business Process Improvement (BPI) Manager, NPG Operational Process Manager
The ideal BPI Manager Sr is a motivated, results-oriented leader and committed to providing outstanding customer service every day. The position delivers Business Process Methodologies (BPM) to improve the productivity and engagement of the Nordstrom Product Group (NPG) through better process, tools, and thinking. This individual is data driven, collaborative, and a problem solver focused on continuously improving the status quo.
A day in the life…
- Own the evolution of the end-to-end process for the NPG organization, including defining timelines, deliverables, and change implementation
- Manage operational process design and improvement that focuses on designing a strong foundation to support the philosophy of the NPG organization
- Partner with Leadership to understand the problem to solve, map business capabilities and key processes, and assess areas for improvement using Lean methodologies.
- Drive process improvements through constant, iterative review of processes ensuring solutions meet current and future business objectives
- Use industry standard methodologies to conduct root cause analysis formulating problem statements, process assessments and a plan for improvement
- Facilitate development of cross-functional business solutions that combine knowledge of business processes and issues, general technological options and process improvement facilitation techniques
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with NPG Technology and cross-functional partners to optimize process improvement, deliver a world-class experience, and deliver on yearly/quarterly strategic priorities to meet business objectives
- Lead process design or improvement sessions with business end users providing them adequate support and training in Lean methodologies
- Coach leaders and business partners on Continuous Improvement values and Lean principles to identify waste and deliver meaningful work to the business
You own this if you have…
- 7+ years of experience with demonstrated, comprehensive knowledge of Lean methodologies and tools including Kaizen, A3, Daily Management System, Visual Controls, Process Mapping/Measurement and Leader Standard Work
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated ability to engage with business leaders, technology partners, and peers through effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organization and project management skills including creating and managing a project plan and timeline both within a team and across project partners
- Adaptive, flexible, can anticipate and shift to new situations and/or changing demands and respond proactively to enhance the business efficiency and efficacy
- Ability to manage ambiguity by creating structure, process, and prioritization
- Demonstrated the ability to work without required supervision and direction
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Lean Certification from an accredited organization.
- Have participated in/or led transformational organization change
- Applied Lean application in an office environment or product development field
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points…
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com .
© 2021 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Click Here To Apply