Searching for Experienced Hospice C.N.A.’s
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Athena Health Care Systems has been a leader in providing quality health care services since 1984. With homes throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island, Athena has been recognized as one of the largest managers of skilled nursing facilities. By enhancing the quality of life and quality of our environments, we have made our managed facilities a better place for our residents to live and a better place for employees to work.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Carries out duties assigned by RN Case Manager in order to increase the level of patient comfort, to maintain good personal hygiene and a safe environment for the patient.
- Adheres to the written home health aide plan of care as prepared by the RN Case Manager.
- Promptly reports changes in the patient’s condition to the RN Case Manager.
- Assists the patient with all aspects of personal care, ambulation and positioning as required.
- Prepares meals and assists with feeding as required.
- Performs household services which are necessary for the health and safety of the patient and family.
- Provides assistance with bedpans and urinals as needed.
- Provides guidance to the caregiver regarding personal care of the patient.
- Attends and participates in weekly team meetings, AM report, in-services, and agency meetings and other related activities when appropriate.
- Understands and adheres to Hospice Services of Massachusetts’s policies and procedures.
- Follows the guidelines for universal precautions when providing patient care.
- Maintains records of services performed and of apparent condition of patient, using documentation guidelines and standards set forth by Hospice Services of Massachusetts.
- Submits legible and accurate documentation of all services provided in a timely manner in accordance with home health aide documentation requirements.
- Carries out duties and responsibilities of position in a manner that exemplifies excellent customer service.
- Consistently represents Hospice Services of Massachusetts to all internal and external customers with integrity and professionalism.
- Encourages and maintains safety standards in the workplace and home.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Must pass the Home Health Aide competency exam. Must be proficient in English to the extent of being able to read and understand instructions and communicate effectively with clients. Must understand and use universal precautions when dealing with clients. Must have access to an automobile and must have a valid driver’s license. Must be able to physically perform personal care on clients. Must obtain a Certificate of Nurses Aide (CNA).
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Works out of the Hospice Services of Massachusetts office with extensive travel required to patient’s homes and/or nursing facilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- CNA (Required)
- COVID Vaccination card (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- On the road
Work Location: On the road
Click Here To Apply