The Chattanooga Heart Institute offers the most comprehensive cardiac care available in this region Founded in 1976, we now have six offices in Tennessee and one in Georgia. Our practice is made up of 29 board-certified cardiologists, three cardiothoracic surgeons and three vascular surgeons. We merged with CHI Memorial Health Care System in 2011 which is part of CommonSpirit Health. CommonSpirit has more than 700 care sites across the U.S. and is committed to building healthy communities.
Responsible for monitoring, educating and follow up of enrolled patients on anticoagulation medications.
- Log and maintain daily temp/humidity per guidelines.
- Perform ongoing follow-up and education with anticoagulation therapy patients per protocol.
- Refill medications per protocol.
- Complete EMR encounter at each patient’s visit and forward results to physician.
- Process home health INRs per protocol.
- Schedule hemoglobin and hematocrit per protocol.
- Responsible for accurate documentation and record keeping per protocol.
- Patient and family/caregiver education.
- Schedule return Coumadin appointments.
- Forward critical INR and Hemoglobin/Hematocrit results to physician for review and execute orders as received.
- Pull patient voicemails and process messages to nurses as appropriate.
- Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant Program.
- BLS Certification
- AAMA-CMA; AMT-RMA; NCCT-NCMA; or NHA-CCMA
- Medical office experience preferred.
Click Here To Apply