Children of the Immaculate Heart
Minors’ Program at the Refuge
- Position: * Facility Administrator * *
FLSA Status: Exempt * *
_Job Summary _
_ _ It is the responsibility of the Administrator to supervise the daily management of the agency’s licensed
STRTP facilities. The Administrator is given authority by the agency’s governing body to implement, evaluate, and ensure consistent application of policy and procedure within the STRTP facility. Of highest priority is the safety of residents and the staff. The Administrator is also responsible for curb appeal and maintenance of the home and property. In addition, the Administrator is responsible for the effectiveness of the treatment milieu.
Key Performance Indicators
- The Refuge stays compliant with all Community Care Licensing, Department of Social Services, and OSHA regulations for group homes.
- Staff are held accountable to follow the policies and procedures in the home. * *
_ _* * Reports are sent to licensing on time. *
_ _* * Staff remain compliant with all required trainings. *
_ _ * Major safety incidents posing risks to clients and staff does not exceed one per month.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties and responsibilities that the Administrator will be held accountable for include but are not limited to:
1. Residential Management
a. Accountable for budget compliance and petty cash reconciliation. b. Accountable for compliance to CDSS / CCL regulations, and DHS/ Licensing regulations c. Accountable for a safe work and living environment d. Accountable for the consistent application of company policies and procedures e. Accountable for up-to-date Resident Files f. Assist with intake and discharge events/tasks i. Ensure all intake paperwork is completed correctly, signed and up-to-date g. Attend the weekly Treatment Team h. Supervise follow up on the medical needs of each resident
2. Human Resource Management
a. Recruitment and hiring of capable staff with Executive Director b. Orientation of new staff i. Training c. Maintain up-to-date Personnel Files d. Administer annual performance appraisals e. Motivate and monitor in-service training hours for each employee f. Administer performance warnings and discipline as needed g. Maintain records for all employees PTO
3. Social Activities Management
a. Accountable for a posted weekly /monthly recreational schedule.
4. Housekeeping Management
a. Maintenance of all appliances and house functioning b. Accountability for “curb appeal” c. Pest control
5. Facility and Transportation Maintenance Management
a. Accountable for reporting house maintenance/repair needs b. Accountable for the cleanliness and operating condition of facility assigned vehicles c. Report inspections and concerns to Maintenance Supervisor as scheduled or as needed
6. Marketing & Recruiting Management
a. Assist in the recruiting efforts for residents under direction of the CEO b. Accountable for admission process of new residents. c. Assist in the discharge plan process.
7. Risk Management
a. Accountable for application of all safety policies by the company and the state regulating agencies. b. Accountable for monthly fire drills.
c. Accountable for having personnel prepared with the agency’s Emergency and Disaster
The primary relationships include the CEO, the Assistant House Manager, the Childcare Workers, the
Teacher, the Teacher Assistant, and the Therapist.
(1) Have a master’s degree in a behavioral science from an accredited college or university, plus two years of employment as a social worker, in an agency serving children or in a residential congregate care program for children.
(2) Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, plus at least three years administrative experience or supervisory experience over social work, direct care and/or support staff providing direct services to children in an agency or in a community care facility with a licensed capacity of seven or more.
(3) Have completed at least two years at an accredited college or university, plus at least five years administrative experience or supervisory experience over social work, direct care and/or support staff providing direct services to children in an agency or in a community care facility with a licensed capacity of seven or more.
(4) Be a qualified and certified group home administrator prior to January 1, 2017.
Authority Level: Facility Administration & Management
Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret all company policies and House Manuals. Ability to write clearly.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from residents, other child care workers, staff, and administration. Ability to speak Spanish is a benefit.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format.
Required Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- California Administrator Certification
- A valid driver’s license from the state of California
- First Aid certified or ability to become certified within two (2) months of employment
- Medication Management certified
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job: occasional exposure to uncontrolled physical behaviors of a resident such as screaming, kicking, or throwing objects.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,080.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- On call
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply