We Care Services for Children was founded 60 years ago in Contra Costa County by parents of young children with developmental and cognitive disabilities. Over time and in response to community need, we added mental health programs for children with social, emotional, and behavioral issues, and a preschool for typically developing children from low-income families that includes at-risk children with a history of preschool expulsions.
Today, we address the unique mental health, developmental, and educational needs of disadvantaged children up to age 5 through an array of effective, research-based therapies. Embedded in our programs are developmentally, linguistically, and culturally appropriate activities to provide each child with the best possible start to his or her life. Through targeted, compassionate, and effective early intervention services, We Care helps the most vulnerable children in our community reach their full potential, regardless of their abilities or circumstances.
- Master’s Degree
- Current CA Speech Therapy License
- Minimum 2 years working with infants and young children with special needs and their families
Under the direction of the Director of Developmental Services provides comprehensive Speech Therapy services to meet the needs of young children and their families. Work in a transdisciplinary team model with a dedicated team of professionals providing early intervention services.
- Collaborate as a transdisciplinary team member for program planning and delivery of services to children 0-3 with special needs.
- Implementation of Early Start Denver Model (ESDM).
- Provide oversight and coordination of community based ESDM toddler classrooms for children 18 months to 3 years diagnosed with Autism.
- Monitor implementation of early intervention techniques by classroom staff and provide verbal and written feedback.
- Maintain caseload in compliance with We Care’s productivity standards (school and home based).
- Complete comprehensive 6 month and annual developmental assessments and goals for assigned caseload.
- Create and implement a parent involvement component for a community based ESDM toddler classroom.
- Conduct monthly parent training.
- Create and implement a home visiting component for a community based ESDM toddler classroom.
- Duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of current professional theories and techniques as well as best practices in the field of Speech Therapy.
- Experience providing speech therapy to young children (0-5 years)
- Experience/knowledge of Early Start Denver Model
- Experience administering standardized assessments tools
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively on teams, including cross-departmental teams
- Passionate to work with children, energetic, playful, adaptable, self-initiated
- Strong analytic skills and time management skills
- Proficient computer skills for documentation
- 100% paid employee medical insurance plan
- Competitive salary based on education and experience
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, life and dental insurance
- 403-B plan
- Paid Vacation and sick time
- Paid Holidays
- Reimbursement for approved professional trainings that relate to job duties
- Opportunities for professional development in areas of passion and in topics related to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Supportive team environment
- The opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of young children and their families
We Care Services for Children provided the following inclusive hiring information:
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Monday to Friday
- Signing bonus
- Do you have minimum of 2 years experience working with infants and young children with special needs and their families? If so, please explain?
- Are you able to work in Concord CA?
- Master’s (Required)
- Speech therapy: 2 years (Required)
- One location
Click Here To Apply