Fort Dearborn Company is a leader in printed labels for the consumer products industry. Join Fort Dearborn and you will have the opportunity to become part of an organization that is committed to excellence and industry leadership for almost 100 years. Our ability to effectively manage the diverse needs of our customer base has been developed through aggressive capital investment and selective acquisitions. Fort Dearborn has the financial strength, established infrastructure, capacity and technical expertise to support our customers today and in the future.
- Work with the Lean Steering Committee, Plant Manager, and on-site Lean experts in identifying activities, values and selecting Kaizen events and ensure proper resourcing and preparation for those events.
- Ensure Lean activities are linked to the business objectives and develop a site transformation plan in collaboration with the site management team.
- Ensure pre-event training, preparation for events, development and implementation of a communication plan, post event follow-up and auditing of results, prompt delivery of required supplies and materials, and mentoring KPO team members.
- Build and maintain the foundation for continuous improvement by ensuring the effective functioning of transformation activities aligned to a Lean Operating System.
- Partner and mentor Fort Dearborn manufacturing leadership in Lean techniques, resulting in transformational progress.
- Teach Lean tools to all levels of the organization (Kaizen, 5S, TPM, Set-up reduction, Standard Work, Visual Management, SQDC boards, MDI, etc.).
- Assume the role of consultant, participant, and/ or lead on Kaizen events.
- Foster a culture of moving forward in a change environment and continuously assuring buy-in and ownership at all levels.
- Maintaining overall program tracking for impact and cultural improvements.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Fort Dearborn has been around for almost 100 years, and we pride ourselves on our high level of excellence. Every team member of Fort Dearborn is expected to treat all associates respectfully and professionally.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- BS – Engineering or Operations Management, or equivalent experience, is required.
- Five or more years of experience in plant leadership, with at least 2 years in a position responsible for driving Lean manufacturing initiatives in complex manufacturing facilities.
- Strong change management skills and demonstrated experience changing a culture to a Lean environment.
- Experience successfully leading and directing employees who are not direct reports.
- Experience in being a change agent leading complex transformational activities.
- Significant experience in implementation of complex Lean principals as they apply to multiple manufacturing operations.
- Personal experience in leading more than 25 Kaizen events.
- Proven success designing, implementing, communicating, and meeting policy deployment goals, including improving through-put, shortening cycle time, improving inventory turns and reducing supply chain costs.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- At least one (1) successful transformational experiences where Lean was used as part of the catalyst and foundation for the change- either in focused transformational leadership role or as part of the Senior Operating team driving the change. Demonstrated impact that translated to clear, bottom line performance results with step-function change.
- Formal Lean training from an “”academy”” organization – either through direct consulting experience (i.e. Shingijutsu, TBM) or via organizations with deep, well-established lean operating systems (Toyota, Danaher, etc)
- Expertise in manufacturing the particular product materials or product type within the span of control of this position.
- Private equity lean transformation experience
- Fort Dearborn offers a competitive wage and generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and 401(k).
Fort Dearborn welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Fort Dearborn Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Click Here To Apply