About CytomX Therapeutics:
CytomX Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to changing the treatment of cancer with our novel Probody® therapeutic platform. Our commitment to transforming lives with safer, more effective therapies is driven by our curiosity and passion for innovation and our belief that by acting with integrity in an honest, respectful, ethical manner, we have the power to change lives. Our workplace embodies collaboration, open communication, celebrating our successes, and holding each other to the highest possible standards. CytomX has a broad pipeline, including 4 clinical-stage programs and others in development and is located in South San Francisco, California, the birthplace of biotechnology. Learn more at www.cytomX.com.
Location: South San Francisco, California
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Manager, Service Desk
The IT Support Specialist delivers support services to end-users for all business technology and business systems including; network infrastructure, storage, client-server applications, business applications, database, SaaS/Cloud services, data backup, endpoint security, telecommunications, audio-visual systems and print services. The IT Support Specialist is also responsible for delivering “smart hands” service to the remote Infrastructure team and occasional system administration duties.
The ideal candidate has experience working in a hybrid operating model of internally and externally sourced IT service delivery, including cloud/SaaS experience.
The ideal candidate has IT background in a Biopharmaceutical company.
Position requires a hardworking and dedicated individual with the experience, passion, and ability to deliver excellent service.
- Provides the first point of contact, Tier I & II assistance, to users requiring technical support for computers, audio-visual and peripheral equipment, network services, client-server platform connections and remote access; researches, documents, troubleshoots, diagnoses and resolves hardware, software, and network connectivity problems.
- Escalates all unresolved issues to Tier 3 or IT Leadership within the specified amount of time according to Service Level Agreement.
- Achieve or exceed defined Service Level Agreements for Incidents and Service Requests.
- Receives technical requests either by phone, email and walk-up; identifies and determines severity of problems, troubleshoots and applies a full range of corrective actions, initiates work orders to the appropriate Information Services staff members or contacts vendors to resolve issues; maintains problem-resolution plans using specialized software; tracks problems to technical resources or vendors; keeps users updated on problem-resolution status.
- Documents all user calls including problems and resolutions in the specialized tracking system.
- Provide one-on-one or group end user training as needed in a variety of technical situations; provides a variety of routine to complex support to users to assist them in making effective use of multimedia presentation systems, computer hardware, standard and specialized software, peripheral equipment, devices and other technology tools.
- Performs various user account maintenance functions including setting up user profiles, managing password changes, account verifications and on/off-boarding activities.
- Participates in various asset management functions including maintaining the inventory database of computer equipment, coordinating pickup and disposal of surplus computer-related equipment and maintaining parts and supplies inventory; processes supply orders, obtains price quotes and product information and places orders for parts and supplies as required.
- Maintains current technical expertise in computers, network, telecommunications and audio-visual technologies support.
- Maintains current training as directed and required by IT.
- Assists Infrastructure/Network/Systems Engineers in installing network switches, access points, computers and other network client devices; reimages computers as needed.
- Ensure customer focus and satisfaction, acting as a customer advocate, frequently communicating with customers and managing customer expectations.
- Work closely with 3rd party partners for support and operations.
- Strong collaboration, communication, and customer support skills are a must.
- Performs various administrative tasks, related duties and other responsibilities as required by the IT department.
- 5 years of relevant industry experience and education.
Professional Requirements: *
- A solid understanding of technologies required for corporate and cloud based networks.
- Strongly preferred Biopharmaceutical company experience in a fast-growing environment.
- Ability to physically work on-site in our South San Francisco, CA or Orinda, CA office for approximately 16-24 hours per week.
- Preferred experience working in a regulated IT environment; SOX, FDA
- Proven experience delivering highly effective IT support; self-starter, motivated IT professional with strong analytical, problem-solving, and teamwork skills, that truly has fun doing the work.
- Works equally well autonomously and in a team and possess the ability to interact and interface with all levels of management.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written); effective in interaction with senior business leaders.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., continuous long term standing, bending and kneeling.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrate a commitment to CytomX values of Integrity, Commitment, Creativity, Teamwork, Accountability, and Fun
CytomX is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. CytomX will not discriminate against any job applicant because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law._
Job Type: Part-time
Click Here To Apply