- T and B lymphocyte biology with emphasis in the biochemistry of receptor signaling and cell development and differentiation. Studies will involve whole animals (mouse) as well as cell and biochemical studies related to receptor signaling.
- Specialists appointed at the full rank must possess a terminal degree (or equivalent degree) or ten or more years of experience in the relevant specialization. Appointees at the Full level should have significant record of academic accomplishment including published or in-press publication, and a demonstrated record of University and/or public service. Additionally, appointees at the Full level will provide considerable independence in planning and execution of research.
- Extensive expertise in flow cytometry with expertise in cell surface and intracellular markers.
- Expertise in calcium measurement by flow or fluorimetry.
- Experience in western blotting is required.
- Experience with lymphocyte activation assays (cytokines, flow cytometry, and proliferative assays).
- Some experience with live confocal microscopy is required.
- Experience with gene editing in cell lines and viral-mediated gene transfer into mouse lymphocytes and cell lines.
- PhD and postdoctoral training in immunology with experience and expertise in T cell signaling and differentiation.
Appointees in the Specialist series will be expected to engage in specialized research, professional activities and do not have teaching responsibilities. Specialists are expected to use their professional expertise to make scientific and scholarly contributions, and may participate in University and Public Service. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03583. Applicants’ materials must list current and/or pending qualifications upon submission.
Click Here To Apply