At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures.
Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
The Role – CDL B Driver (Joanna, SC)
This role will require Mobile Mixing Unit Driving/Operation as well as maintenance and upkeep of this equipment. You will operate plant and equipment to provide blasting products and services to customers. And to assist in providing a quality service of bulk explosives to customers in a safe and environmentally conscious manner at all times.
Safety, Health & Environment & Sustainability
- Follow SH&E program including JSERAs, Emergency Plan, all other critical/core procedures as it relates to the MMU Operator/Driver at the site.
- Comply with Safety Charter and accidents, injuries, incident reporting procedures.
- Participate in safety meetings.
- Ensure site’s MMU and distribution equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Follow all SH&E and compliance activities including training database, OSHA, MSHA, DOT, BATFE, and state level licensing/regulations.
What you will be doing
- Pre-trip and post-trip inspection of vehicles including checking and filling fluid levels
- Ability to safely hook up and unhook trailers.
- Knowledge of MMU operation as well as daily bench site activities.
- Possession of CDL License with hazmat endorsement and strong knowledge of DOT compliance.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- At least one year of experience driving and/or handling materials.
- Requires Class B CDL with tanker and Hazmat endorsement.
What you will bring
- Knowledgeable of DOT regulations.
- Ability to communicate and work in a team environment.
- Good attention to detail and math skills to handle inventory on daily basis.
- Ability to prioritize various projects, ongoing daily tasks, and high priority situations to maximize efficiency
- Ability to pass a pre-employment/post offer background check, physical and drug
- Must have a clear MVR
How you shape and influence others
- Efficiency Orientation
- Safety Awareness
- Analytical Thinking
- Work Environment involves being outside in all types of weather.
- Lifting up to 60 pounds and carrying 50 pounds or more of product or other materials.
- Pushing/Pulling in working with equipment.
- Other Activities include frequent bending and squatting during preparation for shots
What We Offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
- Hourly Rate Range $20-22
Benefits (Full Time Employees)
- Medical/Prescription Drug
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Employee Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Employee/Dependent Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Company provided Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Company provided Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness & Accident Plans
- Voluntary Identity Theft Protection
- Voluntary Legal Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Two Floating Holidays
Orica is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are a Drug-free workplace.
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.
We have been made aware that some individuals have received scam emails which include false and invalid offers of employment from Orica. Please note that Orica will not offer employment to any candidate without first undertaking a formal application and recruitment process. All candidates are required to actively participate in the recruitment process applicable to the specific role and location where the role is based, prior to any offer of employment being made.
The spread of COVID-19 continues to have a significant impact on the world. Like many organisations, Orica is adapting its working practices as the situation continues to evolve, to ensure the safety of our people, customers, and communities. Our dedicated Global and Regional Response Teams meet regularly to respond to the impacts in their respective communities. As a truly global company, Orica is delivering country and region-specific responses in different stages, and at different times, in accordance with risk-based measures, local conditions and government regulations. Find out more details via Orica’s website here.
Reference ID: 12179
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- CDL (Preferred)
- Tanker Endorsement (Preferred)
- Hazmat Endorsement (Preferred)
Click Here To Apply