Speech Language Pathologist AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Daytona Beach
- Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL
Part Time Day Shift
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Conducts patient assessments.
- Performs a medical record review on all patients prior to the initial intervention which leads to diagnostic classification or referral to another practitioner. This examination includes history, systems review and tests and measurements.
- Performs an evaluation and makes independent clinical judgments based on the data gathered from the examination.
- Synthesizes all of the findings from the history, systems review, and tests and measurements to establish the diagnosis, prognosis and plan of care.
- Considers clinical findings, the extent of loss in cognitive, neurological, communication functions, social considerations, overall physical abilities and health status in determining the complexity of the evaluation process.
- Consider the severity and complexity of the current impairments and the probability of prolonged impairment, functional limitation, and disability; the living environment; potential discharge destinations; and social support.
- Determines a speech / language pathology diagnosis.
- Integrates and evaluates the data obtained through the examination to describe the patient’s condition in terms that will guide the speech language pathologist in determining the primary dysfunctions, prognosis, and plan of care and intervention strategies.
What You Will Need:
- Master’s level graduate of a Speech/Language Pathology program
- Current Florida Speech Therapy licensure required
- Certification by the American Speech and Hearing Association.
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license and current automobile insurance since driving between facilities is a requirement of this position.
- BLS from American Heart Association
Provides speech therapy evaluations and treatments to patients to facilitate and maximize functioning level as prescribed by physician. Includes the identification, prevention, remediation, and rehabilitation of patients who have impairments, functional limitations, disabilities or changes in physical function, psychosocial abilities, activities of daily living and health status resulting from injury, diseases or other causes. Adheres to Florida Hospital – East Region performance expectations and performs all defined services and other related duties under regulatory standards and in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values of the organization.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Click Here To Apply