Software Engineer in Test
Do you love to hate crappy software?
Do you take pride in your ability to code in Java?
Do you nerd out on coding ways to test complex software applications?
Do you like to work on teams with other smart people who work hard and get stuff done?
Do you like Hawaiian food, sushi, and/or pizza?
If you answered yes to all the above, then you belong at Cvent!
We are looking for Software Engineers in Test to join our rapidly growing team. Cvent’s Technology Team is responsible for the design, development, and operation of the company’s suite of cloud-based software products. We are currently engaged in a major initiative to build our next generation software platform, utilizing the most cutting-edge tools and technologies.
As a Software Engineer in Test at Cvent, you will be a member of an agile team environment and you will learn, practice and drive the software quality best practices we use that help make our software the industry leader. Coordination, planning, execution, automation scripting and driving root cause and corrective actions are only a few of the many activities your work will entail.
Cvent fosters an environment that focuses on continuous self-improvement and learning. By joining you will be given an opportunity to flourish in your new role. You will be welcomed by like-minded team members and mentored by management that is eager to assist you in your professional development.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work on enterprise software solutions, where performance, reliability and scalability are critical design goals necessary to run large-scale events.
- Serve as subject matter expert for complex automated testing application design and development issues.
- Participate as an expert in software redesign process assessing software development projects for quality assurance factors affecting functional requirements and design specifications.
- Create automation testing strategies, leveraging knowledge of industry-standard software development principles.
- Review testing documentation, develop testing standards, define criteria for testing, analyze test results, and present results to developers.
- Develop automated, high-quality test code and scripts utilizing industry-leading tools and frameworks, such as JUnit, Mockito, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver, Postman, etc.
- Integrate test code into the CI/CD pipeline, review and monitor test results, and work with developers to fix and resolve identified issues.
- Provide input to systems and applications developers on testing automation procedures and requirements, schedules, or potential problems.
- Perform maintenance and upgrades to existing test environments.
- Collaborate with product owners, development leads and other stakeholders to understand product specifics and create corresponding test strategies.
- Coaching and mentoring cross-functional scrum teams in automated testing and CI/CD.
What You Need for this Position
We care more about your attitude and aptitude than the specific tools and technologies you have used in the past. You need to have a strong passion for software quality and must take pride in the software the team is producing.
In addition to this, our ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Bachelors or Post Graduate Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Human-Computer Interaction or related technical degree.
- Able to code comfortably in Java, and other modern programming languages.
- Strong understanding of modern web and mobile architecture, specifically microservices and RESTful web services
- Extensive hands-on experience working with various SQL database or NoSQL data store.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as you will be presenting complex IT concepts and project metrics to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Cvent offers a fun, collegial work environment tailored to sharpening your technical skills and growing as a software professional. While we have evolved from startup to mid-sized company, our Technology Team has preserved an entrepreneurial and merit-driven culture where meaningful initiative and contribution are recognized and rewarded.
Need more reasons to consider us? We offer competitive salary packages, an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, stock options, bonuses, 401K, gym membership discounts and other great perks! If you would like to learn more about Cvent and our products, visit our website at www.cvent.com
At Cvent we celebrate, support and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment.We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace.
Click Here To Apply