Who we are:
Honesty, fairness, hard work, performance, and the love of construction. At Boldt, these are the values that drive us. They push us to be better every day. To provide the highest-quality service and greatest value to every project we’re a part of. We’re looking for forward thinking people who share in that dedication. An innovative spirit, results-oriented thinking, and a dedication to our values have helped us grow into one of the largest professional construction services firms in the United States.
As a member of the Boldt team, you’ll collaborate with some of the most knowledgeable professionals in our industry. You’ll have the chance to learn new skills and seek greater responsibilities, while earning competitive pay and benefits. And you’ll join a team that builds real value in the world around you.
How your role fits into Boldt:
The Estimator Sr will lead the assessment of the customer’s needs and desires relative to the project costs. This position will need to accurately communicate the estimated project cost in alignment with needs and expectation of the customers and project. The Estimator Sr will ensure vested parties are aware of any known or suspected risks relative to the constructability or in the project development process.
What you get to do:
- Support all estimating and target value design functions for projects including establishing reporting formats, assignment of areas of estimating responsibility, compiling estimates, preparation of and oversight of project estimate development.
- Assess the needs and requests from internal and external customers.
- Provide oversight during the project cost validation, Target Value Management (TVM) and Schematic Design process.
- Assist leadership in facilitating assessment and support of risk evaluation, resources and opportunities. Consolidate all risk and opportunities and integrate into the overall project cost.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships and the highest ethical standards with clients, and other customers. Communicate with customers openly and honestly, while maintaining the company’s confidential and proprietary information. Seek input and feedback from both external and internal customers.
- Support leadership and project teams during owner negotiations with suppliers, subcontractors and trade partners.
- Support the development and implementation of project pursuit presentations.
- Assist project teams with procurement, subcontractor/vendor databases, and cost element database maintenance.
- Implement and promote lean practices on our projects.
- Participate in continued improvement of estimating tools, databases and methods.
What we expect from you:
- Four-year architecture, engineering, construction management or related degree, along with knowledge of the design and construction process.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in AECO industry with project delivery experience. Experience with construction, architecture and estimating is preferred.
- Seven to ten years of leadership experience required.
- Strong experience with LEED Certification.
- Experience working with Business Intelligence applications, Vico, Pantera (strike), Autodesk Assemble, is beneficial but not required.
- Advanced Microsoft O365 experience.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position for up to eight hours. The employee occasionally is required to move to access people or workspaces. Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. The ability to effectively communicate is required. The employee may occasionally move up to 15 pounds.
The working conditions of this position requires the employee to work inside an office environment. The environment for which this position functions may contain scents and fragrances. May be requested to work overtime and weekends.
The Boldt Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job description is intended to be a summary of the primary essential duties and responsibilities of this position. The job description is not intended to be inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or all of the qualifications that may be required either now or in the future. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or changed at any time.
What we can offer you:
We are a multi- generational family owned, privately held organization. Along with encouraging a safe and robust team based environment, we offer:
- A competitive wage with a comprehensive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to share in the company’s success along with an annual bonus based on overall company performance
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays
- Wellness resources, including a health mentor, health assessments, maternity management, and life care
- Relocation assistance
- Have equal access to opportunities and resources at all levels of the company. Opportunity to grow and persevere including educational reimbursement
- Diversity and inclusion training programs
- Mentorship program
- Community engagement
The Boldt Company is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please contact our Human Resources department.
Job Type: Full-time
Click Here To Apply