Respiratory Care Practitioner
The Respiratory Care Practitioner performs routine therapy, diagnostic and emergency cardiopulmonary procedures for patients in Post Acute Medical hospitals and maintains all equipment in working order. Provides phlebotomy and basic laboratory testing for the patient population as required or requested. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Performs all scheduled and ordered therapies in a safe and timely manner.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of all activities performed.
- Demonstrates proper use of the medication dispensing system.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill in pulmonary function testing, in accordance with policies and ATS standards.
- Assists with inventory control.
- Assists in the maintenance and quality control program in the blood gas lab.
- Performs in the department as a team member.
- Performs work accurately, and in a professional manner being conscious of patient/department needs.
- Monitors pressure volume relationships.
- Monitors ventilation and blood gas relationships.
- Obtains blood gas sample by proper technique and analyzes sample using blood gas analyzer.
- Obtains venous samples using proper technique and prepares sample for processing and analyzes samples when appropriate.
- Accurately performs reliable basic spirometry.
- Measures vital capacity, negative inspiratory force, and oxygen saturation.
- Reviews patient history and makes appropriate recommendations for therapy. Documents in interdisciplinary notes.
- Properly performs all electrocardiograms and Holter monitor testing. Ensures correct lead placement and documentation.
- Assesses, provides and interprets age-specific data including patient’s response to treatment.
- Communicates with the family or caregiver to involve them in the decision-making related to plan of care of the patient.
- Assists with the orientation of new employees in proper departmental policies and procedures and validates competency, as assigned.
- Ensures that all equipment is in proper operating condition and assists in resolution of end user problems re: equipment.
- Maintains current required equipment maintenance logs.
- Documents charges on therapy provided and completed in a timely manner; assures that all charge capture is completed in compliance with system, hospital and department policies to assure accuracy, completeness, and timeliness.
- Accurately transcribes all verbal orders into client charts and ensures all changes will be properly communicated to the licensed nurse assigned to the patient.
Licensure, Education and Training: Must be certified or licensed in the state where the hospital resides to practice respiratory care. Must possess and maintain current BLS and ACLS certification. Blood gas licensure required if employed in the state of Nevada.
Experience: Minimum of one year clinical respiratory experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of all modalities of respiratory care.
- Ability to interact well and provide instruction and information, both orally and in written form, to patients, family and staff.
PAM Health is committed to being the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient care and customer service. With over 44 Long Term Acute Care and Rehabilitation hospitals and 16 Outpatient Clinics currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much more.
Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay, generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you will also have opportunities for professional growth through our Education Advancement Program.
We are excited to learn more about you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We Care Program. Please take a moment to visit us online at www.postacutemedical.com for a comprehensive look at how we’re able to positively impact our local communities.
PAM Health does not discriminate and does not permit discrimination, including, without limitation, bullying, abuse or harassment, on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status, or based on association with another person on account of that person’s actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status.
- Respiratory Care Pract
- Basic Life Support
- Adv Cardiovascular LifeSp
Click Here To Apply