NOW HIRING for a Lab Technician 1 at our Greensburg, PA location!
Pace Analytical, a leading environmental laboratory located, is a member of the largest privately held Environmental testing agency in the country. We are adding a full-time team member to the Organic Prep Department Team. This entry level position can begin your career in environmental science. We train on the job!
Why Work at Pace:
Mission Statement: Working together to protect our environment and improve our health.
Benefits start first of the following month you start!
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- 401K Retirement Plan with a company match
- Employee Referral – refer someone, if they are hired and stay 6 months, you earn a $500 bonus
- Paid Vacation, Sick, Volunteer Time & Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Health Savings Plan with a company match
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Life, disability and voluntary benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition Program
- Monday – Friday, 1:30-9:30pm
- Overtime is available
Responsible for providing assistance, preserving, preparing, processing and maintenance of lab samples, which involve knowledge on fundamental lab support policies, programs and practices while completing appropriate forms, documents and databases. May include various forms of samples, such as environmental, biological, chemical, and related areas.
- This class specification lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
- Prepares lab for daily operations, including stocking materials, equipment, safety, cleanliness, and related areas.
- Supports analytical testing process using standard lab support knowledge in the collection and review of conditions, including preserving samples, completing sample preparation, documenting and communicating results.
- Disposes of laboratory materials and samples using well established guidelines and instructions.
- Reviews, completes and processes standard degrees of logs, documents, databases, and related materials and information.
- Provides support researching issues and developing recommendations to resolve process, department and related customer issues.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the department’s service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Promotes and supports the overall mission of Pace Analytical by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with customers and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent and three (3) years of lab support experience; Associates degree preferred; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Work is performed in lab and office settings. Work is subject to exposure to blood or bodily fluids, chemicals, fumes, gasses, noxious odors and related items in a lab and environmental setting.
Click Here To Apply