As a key part of our front-of-the-house team, you will act as a communication and seating expert, ensuring every guest expectation is met and every experience is a positive one. Your superior people skills will put you at ease, as you interact with guest and promote the Backyard Bistro brand.
Key Duties and responsibilities
- Complete training and pass tests.
- Come to work on time and prepared for your shift in proper uniform.
- Protect business and guests by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
- Welcome and greet guests with a smile. Make all our guests feel comfortable and let them know you’re there to personally take care of them.
- Learn and understand the menu, floor chart, restaurant history, policies, managers and owners.
- Inform guests of specials and any menu changes.
- Make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
- Take food and beverage orders from our guests, enter orders in our POS system when necessary
- Deliver food and beverage orders from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely, sanitary and safe manner if needed
- Perform side work at the start, during and end of each shift as required by assignment.
- Maintain clean areas at all time.
- Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise.
- Be ready and willing to assist with clearing and resetting tables.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant and other services as directed by management.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and bring suggestions for improvement.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Able to read, write and understand English.
- Demonstrate sound moral and ethical principles at work.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to be an effective multi-tasker by successfully handling multiple guests and tasks in a timely manner.
- Shows tremendous knowledge of proper sanitation practices as well as strong knowledge of food safety regulations and procedures.
- Have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Guests and visitors.
- Internal staff and management team.
- Sense of Community
- Quick Thinker
- Outgoing / Extroverted
- Hospitable and Cordial
- Observant and Attentive
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous serving experience preferred.
Discretion / Independent Judgement
- This position does represent the company in handling complaints, arbitrating disputes or resolving grievances, as a Host/Hostess you will be expected to work with guests and visitors to ensure satisfaction. A Host/Hostess will have to take initiative and get creative in resolving guest challenges and involve a supervisor only when previous methods have been unsuccessful.
- Ability to speak and hear.
- Close and distance vision.
- Identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent walking and standing at times.
- Will walk for long periods of time, possibly extended distances.
- Frequently lifts/carries up to 25 lbs.
- Occasionally lifts/carries up to 50 lbs.
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
- Able to reach hands and arms in any direction and kneel and stoop repeatedly.
- Indoor and some outdoor settings.
- Varied weather conditions are expected.
- Will work near moving or mechanical parts.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, and extended hours as business dictates.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principle functions of this position, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the general scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload, gain additional experience to further the individual’s professional development.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is Backyard Bistro’s policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, age, medical condition, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by law.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $10.00 – $14.00 per hour
- Fast casual restaurant
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- One location
Click Here To Apply