Who we are:
Honesty, fairness, hard work, performance, and the love of construction. At Boldt, these are the values that drive us. They push us to be better every day. To provide the highest-quality service and greatest value to every project we’re a part of. We’re looking for forward thinking people who share in that dedication. An innovative spirit, results-oriented thinking, and a dedication to our values have helped us grow into one of the largest professional construction services firms in the United States.
As a member of the Boldt team, you’ll collaborate with some of the most knowledgeable professionals in our industry. You’ll have the chance to learn new skills and seek greater responsibilities, while earning competitive pay and benefits. And you’ll join a team that builds real value in the world around you.
How your role fits into Boldt:
The Estimating & Preconstruction Manager will work to support the enterprise including operating groups, project management, estimating and support staff. This position will provide preconstruction and estimating leadership based on Lean principles that support a collaborative and integrated project delivery. Responsibilities include preparing, planning, prioritizing and evaluating estimates, along with being engaged in the Target Value Design process. This position will be responsible for coordinating and oversight of internal and external estimating resources.
What you get to do:
- Lead and/or develop a project from the first estimate to subcontract formalization. Prepare bid documents for clients. Support all estimating and functions for projects including establishing reporting formats, assignment of areas of estimating responsibility, compiling estimates, preparation and oversight.
- Present or participate in project estimates and budgets to project Owners and other partners.
- Prepare and send out bid documents and instructions to Bidders to optimally procure and buyout projects and smooth transition. Turn-over to project leaders and ensure subcontractors are prequalified prior to bidding and contracting with Boldt.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to resolve scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Owns the bidding process including bid solicitation, bidders’ communications, proposals evaluations, bid tally sheet preparation and bid analysis.
- Owns the review of all final estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness prior to formal quotation.
- Perform comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between projects.
- Prepare studies for proposed materials and method solutions, generate recommendations and cost estimates as required.
- Complete the design to budget approach in preconstruction. Work with design and project management teams to find alternative solutions to budget challenges, analyze maintenance costs and life cycle costs to achieve a valuable solution to the client.
- Assist project team in the continuous assessment of project risks how it relates to the overall project cost. Consolidate all risk and opportunities and integrate into the costs. This includes assisting project leaders in reviewing monthly trade partner cost reports and labor reports and identify variances from the original estimate.
- Assist in the development and implementation of estimating and cost modeling with designers, architects and engineers using a model-based process for projects that are designed from a model.
- Implement process improvements.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships and the highest ethical standards with clients, and other customers. Communicate with customers openly and honestly, while maintaining company’s confidential and proprietary information. Seeks input and feedback from both external and internal customers.
- Coach and mentor estimating and preconstruction staff.
What we expect from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or Architecture degree required; equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience considered in lieu of a degree.
- Eight to ten years of construction experience with a minimum of five to eight years estimating experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of estimating processes, material and building system costs, labor productivity evaluation techniques, and conceptual project construction requirements.
- Experience in Guarantee Maximum Price (GMP) as well as Lump Sum (Hard) Bid type of projects.
- A strong understanding of excel spreadsheets, database-based software (WinEst), take-off software (On-Screen take-off) scheduling software (Microsoft Schedule, Primavera) is desired.
Physical requirements and working conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to position objects and operate tools or controls. Employee frequently uses computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to position self to maneuver in confined or awkward spaces. The employee regularly is required to remain in a stationary position and move to access people or machinery or workspaces. Employee is occasionally required to ascend and/or descend a ladder or stairs to reach work areas. The employee must regularly move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds. The employee is regularly required to travel (as vehicle driver and as passenger on various modes of transportation) and frequently performs work on-site at construction work sites. Specific abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee views computer monitor frequently. The employee is required to be able to effectively communicate while on the job site and throughout the completion of duties.
The working conditions of this position requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to maintain safety and prevent exposure to harmful materials. The environment for which this position functions may be exposed to prolonged loud noises and may contain scents and fragrances. May be requested to work overtime and weekends.
The Boldt Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job description is intended to be a summary of the primary essential duties and responsibilities of this position. The job description is not intended to be inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or all of the qualifications that may be required either now or in the future. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or changed at any time.
What we can offer you:
We are a multi- generational family owned, privately held organization. Along with encouraging a safe and robust team based environment, we offer:
- A competitive wage with a comprehensive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to share in the company’s success along with an annual bonus based on overall company performance
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays
- Wellness resources, including a health mentor, health assessments, maternity management, and life care
- Relocation assistance
- Have equal access to opportunities and resources at all levels of the company. Opportunity to grow and persevere including educational reimbursement
- Diversity and inclusion training programs
- Mentorship program
- Community engagement
The Boldt Company is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please contact our Human Resources department.
Job Type: Full-time
Click Here To Apply