$5,000 for Clinical Lab Scientist 2 hires
$2,500 for Clinical Lab Scientist 1 hires
- Must work a 40 hour/week full-time schedule
- Must work a specified shift (days, evenings, or nights; weekend rotation if required by unit)
- 24-month commitment with pro-rated repayment for early termination
- Half in first paycheck
- Half after six months of employment
Responsible for performing complex procedures for clinical diagnostic purposes. Serves as a trainer and a role model.
- Performs Patient and Quality Control (QC) testing, develops skills and maintains competency in routine and assigned laboratory areas.
- Maintains proper inventories and correctly uses supplies and reagents.
- Performs advanced equipment trouble-shooting and equipment maintenance.
- Ensures a smooth transition to the next shift.
- Participates in quality safety and compliance programs.
- Investigates documents and resolves problems or complaints.
- Serves as trainer and role model for Clinical Laboratory Scientist 1 staff and health care professional students.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Position Compensation Range: $23.76 – $38.02 Hourly
Education: Bachelor’s Degree with completion of a NAACLS approved MLS/CLS program; Bachelor’s in Biology/Chemistry or related science; Associate Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology from a NAACLS approved MLT program Experience: Bachelor’s Degree with completion of a NAACLS approved MLS/CLS program – 0 years; Master’s/PhD in Biology/Chemistry or related science – 0 years; Bachelor’s in Biology/Chemistry or related science – 3 years; Associate Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology from a NAACLS approved MLT program – 4 yearsLicensure: ASCP or equivalent certification within 24 months of hire
Job requires standing, sitting for prolonged periods, frequently traveling, bending/stooping, reaching and repetitive motion. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 – 50lbs. May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, radiation, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
COVID Vaccination Requirement
The University of Virginia expects all current and new employees (UVA Health System and Academic), to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
If hired to work within the University Health System, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or be willing to receive the vaccination. Employees may request a medical or religious exemption from vaccination.
If hired to work on the Academic side of the University, excluding the School of Medicine, School of Nursing, UPG, and the Health Systems Library, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or be willing to submit to mandatory, weekly prevalence testing. Employees that are working 100% remotely will not be subject to weekly prevalence testing; however, if the employee works on UVA Grounds (including the Medical Center) even intermittently, then they are required to be tested for COVID-19 once per week on an indefinite basis and follow masking mandates.
NOTE: Some medical and safety-sensitive positions require vaccination and are not eligible for an exemption. For more information on how the vaccination and testing requirements will apply to you at your work location, see the UVA New Hire Vaccination Requirements webpage.
The University of Virginia, i ncluding the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person’s perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
Click Here To Apply