Shift: Day (United States of America)
Job Profile Summary: Provides high quality cardiac ultrasound exams for cardiologist interpretation, resulting in accurate diagnosis and/or shorter length of stay without repeat scans.
Performs routine and special cardiac procedures in compliance with physician orders and department guidelines
- Identifies patient and does set up for exam.
- Documents accurately all needed aspects of the procedure.
- Observes and communicates with patient responding to needs.
- Maintains safe patient environment in procedure area.
- Completes procedures with high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of all diagnostic equipment.
- Maintains work knowledge and competence.
- Gathers all relevant information to assist in interpretation of images.
- Verifies all imaging has appropriately transferred to imaging storage and retrieval system.
- Communicates with RN regarding patient status
- Works together during specific procedures to ensure appropriate patient care.
- Notifies RN of immediate patient needs or concerns.
- Performs additional duties to complete process
- Finalizes scan reports and sends to appropriate area for reading.
- Participates in room turnover, including cleaning of equipment.
- Restocks and prepares room for next patient.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s or Vocational degree from accredited Echocardiography program required
- Less than 2 years Cardiac Sonography experience required
- BLS Tier 1 – Basic Life Support – Multisource required Upon Hire
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer registry eligible Upon Hire required and
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer RDCS within 1 Year required
See the Big Picture: Know where we are going as an organization. Use sound judgement and critical thinking to make good decisions that support our mission.
- I know where Allina is going and how my role fits into this picture
- I capture important lessons and share them to foster innovation
- I am good at anticipating the implications of my decisions
- I understand and apply the disciplines of continuous improvement
Inspire Greatness: Inspire others by connecting their purpose to the broader mission. Lead others through change and celebrate success.
- I help my team connect to the broader mission
- I see and fulfill my role in motivating the team around me
- I celebrate success and help my partners see what is possible with change
- I call out and address unexpected roadblocks or problems
Foster Learning and Growth: Role model growth, ongoing development and self-care. Empower, coach and encourage others to be at their best selves.
- I role-model self-care and ongoing development
- I share my knowledge and coach others to foster growth and success
- I demonstrate enthusiasm for learning
- I candidly advocate for the resources I need
- I support my colleagues in their development and growth
Deliver Excellence: Set and align clear goals, measure results, and continually improve safety, quality, experience, and innovation.
- I take ownership of outcomes and fulfillment of goals
- I facilitate adjustments to assure positive results
- I work with a sense of urgency, concern and determination
- I use well-grounded approaches to create sustainable solutions repeatedly
- I engage and foster improvements to impact safety, quality, and efficiency
Succeed Together:Connect with others authentically. Recognize the value of each individual and seek diverse points of view. Collaborate to succeed together.
- I consider how decisions might impact my colleagues
- I am generous in my commitment to supporting the needs of my partners
- I respect others’ opinions, praise good work and encourage all team members to be involved
- I seek common ground and work to create mutually beneficial outcomes
Collaboration: Develops partnerships with internal team members.
- Communication Skills: Able to communicate well in straight-forward situations.
- Company Knowledge: Understands his/her own job and how the role interacts with his/her team.
- Functional Knowledge: Understands his/her discipline and good conceptualization of processes.
- Problem Solving: Uses common sense to solve routine issues.
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently
Additional Job Description:
This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus to be paid in two installments. Half at the time of hire. And the remainder of the balance to be paid, after one year of employment.
Looking for the Cardiac Sonographer to join our team in St. Paul. We cover United Hospital in St. Paul, the clinic at United Heart & Vascular Clinic, as well as a few outreach locations.
We also have the opportunity to work within our Echo School program, a
collaboration between Allina & Concordia of St. Paul.
Click Here To Apply