The Assistant General Manager (AGM) is responsible for the Front and Back of House operations of a single business location with the General Manager and whenever s/he is offsite. This position is not present in every location and can also be considered as a leadership developmental position.
Miguel’s Jr. stays true to who we are with Our WHY, or our purpose: We create positive experiences and opportunities around the LOVE OF FOOD, FAMILY, AND SERVICE.
At Miguel’s you will find more than just a job. We are a family and a team with goals and aspirations!
Our Managers are one of the most important and honored jobs in the restaurant: preparing delicious food for our valued guests and serving them with a friendly smile…all while ensuring your team is doing the same and having fun! If you enjoy pleasing guest and training others, this is a great job for you!
Our team members enjoy:
- Free meals on every shift
Generous food discounts on days off
A fun environment
- Full or Part time available
Training for advancement within the restaurant or corporate office
Great Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, 401k with company match and much more!
Full Job Description:
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in a previous supervisory/management role within a multi-unit restaurant business environment, preferably QSR, with some if not total P&L responsibilities/impact within a single unit
- Proven ability to lead, manage and motivate a team
- Proficiency in oral and written communication to effectively be a team leader and member with predominantly English-speaking guests and team members
- Intermediate computer skills to include MS Office: (Excel, Word, Outlook and Excel)
- High School Diploma required, advanced studies or degree preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drives combined team performance in BOH and FOH towards daily excellence in execution and great guest service.
- Creates a positive spirit of pride and fellowship across the team and in the work environment as to promote sales and retention of top talent with the support of the GM.
- Promotes guest service proactively and represents the company on guest recovery regarding restaurant level issues/complaints
- Work with the GM to actively solicit, interview and select top talent from a pool of external, internal and referred candidates in order to fulfil current and future needs.
- Understand and help manage the financial and operational performance of the business in order to meet and exceed its goals/metrics.
- Leads by example through formal performance management, coaching and positive role modeling of service, company policies and procedures and brand standards.
- Key developmental focus are the Shift Supervisors as direct reports to both GM and AGM
- Maintains safe, secure and healthy environment by establishing, following and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations; securing revenues; developing and implementing disaster plans; maintains security and sprinkler systems, parking lot and walkway.
- Daily communication with the GM to ensure all tasks, issues and day to day items are handled efficiently and properly.
- Completes other duties as assigned by GM
- Strong guest service skills
- Strong business and relationship building communication skills, verbal and written.
- The ability to lead and motivate teams and influence people
- Great problem solving and priority setting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills both with external and internal customers
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills are a must
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Compensation (DOE)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & (PSL) Paid Sick Leave
- Health Insurance benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Free Employee shift meal
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The team member must occasionally lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the team member is exposed to whether conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and consistent with a restaurant environment.
Click Here To Apply