I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a variety of duties pertaining to patient care, patient transportation, material and supply distribution and equipment assembly.
- Performs duties in accordance with departmental and Medical Center policies, procedures and regulations.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Essential: lifting up to 2 pounds, seeing, hearing, talking, grasping, fingering.
- Continuous: standing, walking, stooping, forward reaching, handling.
- Frequent: pushing and pulling up to 30 pounds, lifting up to 10 pounds, sitting, bending.
- Occasional to frequent: squatting, twisting.
- Occasional: pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds; lifting: horizontal lift/carry up to maximum 50 pounds, floor to waist up to 35 pounds, waist to shoulder up to 25 pounds, overhead level up to 15 pounds; carrying up to 35 pounds, running, climbing, side bending, kneeling, crouching, overhead reaching.
- Operates various machines/tools/work aids.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Inside work.
- Exposure to body fluids, blood products, and communicable diseases.
- Work environment may be highly stressful, fast paced and hectic.
- Assignment to inpatient adult psych areas and Family Treatment Center includes occasionally accompanying patients outdoors.
- Management of confused/disoriented and combative patients may involve tasks that may compromise physical safety.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English, both orally and in writing.
- Minimum one (1) year work experience as a Nurse Aide; or,
o Diploma or certificate as a Nurse Aide.
o Diploma or certificate as a Medical Assistant.
o Diploma or certificate as an Emergency Medical Technician.
o Diploma or certificate as a Patient Care Technician.
o Nursing student having completed a semester of clinical fundamentals; or,
o RN with a foreign RN license with at least one (1) year acute care experience.
- Current certification in BLS/HCP.
- Recent experience in an acute care setting preferred.
Click Here To Apply