Joliet, IL, USA Req #1264
Thursday, July 22, 2021
LBT established in 1982, provides safe, reliable bulk truck across North America. LBT has over 350 power units, 675 trailers. In addition to its headquarters in Linden, NJ, LBT has facilities in Pennsylvania, Illinois, Texas, and Louisiana. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Odyssey Logistics and Technology Corporation, LBT facilitates the growth of its clients through its large diversified fleet.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with start-up experience. This is an fantastic opportunity to grow, and maintaining a diverse liquid bulk terminal from scratch. The Terminal Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of all safety and operational aspects of the assigned terminal, to include the maintenance shop in accordance with Company guidelines. The terminal management position requires a capable multitasking leader able to analyze and direct the changing dynamics of a 24/7 transportation terminal. The Terminal Manager’s responsibilities encompass, but are not limited to the following:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategically manages and overseas operations at the St. Gabriel terminal.
- Monitors and analyzes revenue margins, ensuring adequate personnel and other resources are available for a profitable execution of orders.
- Manages efficient team structure and performance through analytics, processes, and tools, maximizing new client engagement and working with the executive team to develop plans to meet future needs.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates operations in support of client and business needs.
- Reduces operating costs through increased terminal efficiency.
- Ensures continuous development of associates and management through effective leadership
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations, including but not limited to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and OSHA regulations.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required; College Degree preferred
- 10+ years of Operations Management experience
- 4-6 years of transportation and logistics management experience
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience directly managing and developing a team
- Demonstrated ability to lead change initiatives.
- Strong Knowledge of DOT regulations and policies
- A strategic thinker with an ability to translate strategy into actionable tactics; able to maintain a strategic perspective while supporting others in driving for results.
- Able to prioritize and coordinate multiple critical projects simultaneously.
- Seeks continuous improvement.
- Excellent data analysis skills using desktop computer tools and software.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to develop strong partnerships throughout the organization.
- Ability to lead leaders, communicate goals and objectives clearly, reward success and hold team members accountable to meet KPI’s
- Works effectively with client, carrier, and Odyssey personnel within all organizational levels.
- Class A CDL (Preferred)
- Bulk Chemical Carrier experience preferred
- Communication & presentation
- Change management
- Strategic thinking & foresight
- Decision making
- Emotional intelligence
- Employee development
- Operational excellence
- Diversity, equity and inclusion
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation
- Great Benefits – Medical plans, Dental plans, vision plan, life insurance plan, Voluntary Life Insurance plan, Disability insurance, AFLAC, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Paid Time Off, Wellness Incentives, Tobacco Cessation Program, Telemedicine, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Program, 401k plan with a company match, Direct Path, Purchasing Power, and Odyssey Exclusive Benefits
- Stability, and Growth Opportunities
- Individual development program
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Odyssey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements Odyssey complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Click Here To Apply