The Benefits Coordinator position supports plan administration for the health and welfare, retirement, work-life, and well-being plans under the direction of the Benefits Manager. This individual assists employees with benefits enrollment questions and problem resolution.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Responsible for administrative duties for employee benefits programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, 401(k), and wellness benefits
- Assist employees with benefits-related questions and problem resolution (e.g. manual eligibility updates and qualifying life events)
- Maintain employee benefits records and ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately in the payroll system for payroll deductions
- Monitor weekly and biweekly benefit and 401k deductions in payroll each pay period
- Coordinate with Payroll on a weekly basis to correct benefit deduction and calculate retro deductions
- Review and approve tuition reimbursement eligibility and payments
- Oversee COBRA process with the vendor
- Track and log LOA benefit payments
- Ensure distribution of required employee notices
- Assist Benefits Manager in completing benefits reporting requirements
- Assist with annual benefits open enrollment
- Assist with new-hire orientations
- Process and monitor medical support orders weekly
- Responsible for the completion of Evidence of Insurability and life insurance claims
- Additional duties as assigned
To join our band, you’ll need the following experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or 4 years of equivalent work experience), preferably in Human Resources or related field.
- 1 year of relevant work experience (in addition to degree or years of previous experience), preferably with knowledge and experience administering company health insurance and retirement plans (such as 401k), experience with online benefit systems
- Basic knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and online benefits systems (e.g. ADP, PlanSource)
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world’s largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 – $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 1 year (Preferred)
- Benefits Administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply