Unit Clerk works under the direction of the Director of Nursing to assist the clinical leadership team to prepare admission documents, charts, associated forms and tasks, communicating with the Charge Nurse, ADON and DON for resident appointment scheduling for residents, including arranging transportation services if needed, answering nursing station telephone calls and assisting callers with their needs, assist in answering call lights and locating needed team members as well as ensuring the department has the proper supplies and equipment.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Answer incoming phone calls to the nursing station and directing callers to the proper party, answer any questions possible, provide concierge-style service for all incoming call needs.
- Be available at the nursing station to answer questions and coordinate care.
- Complete new admission and or ensuring the new admission process is complete, including all necessary documentation and follow-up items.
- Order lab/diagnostic testing as well as any consultations and referrals.
- Uphold all company policies as well as state and federal regulations as well as maintain a high level of care for residents.
- Assist in answering call lights and directing available team members to residents to fulfill their needs.
- Complete all other assigned tasks and responsibilities as they pertain to this position as well as any other responsibilities you have been delegated and cross-trained to perform.
- 10 hours shifts
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Must possess Current Valid Fingerprint Card or the ability to apply for one.
CNA or MA preferred but not necessary
Medical background preferred
*Resume submission required to be considered*
Click Here To Apply