This position provides social work support to the residents in Panorama’s Convalescent and Rehabilitation center, requiring interactions with residents and their families as well as other interdisciplinary teams. This position provides guidance and supervision to the social services staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Social Services Operations:
- Assess each resident upon admission for discharge planning needs; develop a discharge plan in coordination with the resident, family, and interdisciplinary team, and assist as needed with setting up a safe and timely discharge.
- Develop a plan of care for each resident to include SW interventions, as well as interventions for the other staff to: assist in redirecting residents in difficult situations in which a resident may be impaired medically and/or mentally, such as being upset, angry, and confused, combative. Interventions for other staff must be specific, simple, and logical
- Attend weekly Medicare meetings, schedule care conferences, attend stand up, weekly SW meetings, and monthly SW supervision meetings.
- Understand the importance of resident interviews for MDS 3.0 and be able to accurately reflect resident cognitive and psychosocial, emotional status on the MDS per the RAI manual to assure congruency between assessment, resident needs and reimbursement for care.
- Excellent computer skills are required to complete the MDS, CAA’s and progress notes in a timely manner per regulations, and by due dates set by MDS coordinator.
- Develop a strong team relationship, Activity staff, Dietary staff, & the Nurse Managers for each resident, as well as with direct care staff.
- Develop professional relationships and counsel residents and families as needed for adjustment and transition to LTC, grief and loss, and other emotional, mental, environment or physical limitations and assist with any discharge planning.
- Act as a liaison with social and community agencies.
- Assist families with initiating Medicaid applications
Policy and Procedure Management:
- Participate in the development and updating of policies and procedures; implement and evaluate new/revised policies and procedures to ensure consistency and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Implement new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
Staff Management and Development:
- Direct the recruitment, hiring, orientation, training, development, evaluation and discipline of social work staff
- High school diploma/GED; Master’s degree in Social Work required
- Current Washington State licensure required.
- Minimum one year experience in a nursing facility required to include experience with MDS 3.0, behavioral health/management, and familiarity with Medicare & Medicaid requirements.
- Minimum one year supervisory experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Master’s (Preferred)
- Supervising Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Social Work: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply