Working with us is more than just a job-it is an opportunity to love and serve seniors, their families, the team that serves while being a part of a dynamic team! Working with us provides the space to share your passion and dedication while making a difference in the lives of those we serve each day.
We are currently seeking a Resident Care Director to join our team.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, assures highest quality resident care is provided in compliance with state regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Recruits, interviews, and recommends for hire for the positions of Medication Supervisor and Resident Assistant.
- Prepares and maintains schedule for Medication Supervisors and Residents Assistants.
- Assures that all shifts are covered in compliance with state regulations and company policy.
- Monitors job performance of Resident Assistants and Medication Supervisors, providing staff with motivational feedback based on performance.
- Conducts and documents verbal counseling of Resident Assistants and Medication Supervisors as needed.
- In conjunction with Executive Director, prepares and witnesses written counseling and counseling sessions for Resident Assistants and Medication Supervisors as needed.
- Monitors daily medication passes and assures staff are properly trained and adhering to State regulations and company policy in the supervision of medication.
- Monitors availability of medications to assure staff are properly trained and adhering to State regulations and company policy in maintaining residents? medications on hand.
- Reviews monthly MARs received from pharmacy to assure accuracy. This may be delegated to Medication Supervisor with final review by Resident Care Director.
- Monitors Medication Supervisors? communications with physicians, home health professionals, families, and staff to assure that proper communication is occurring, e.g., clear, concise, accurate, friendly, respectful.
- Assures Monthly Medication Counseling are conducted and documented for residents who self-administer medications without supervision.
- Assures proper records are maintained regarding physician orders.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, assures proper documentation of required training for Resident Assistants and Medication Supervisors.
- Participates in Resident Assistants? daily shift changes and discusses any care concerns or changes with the Executive Director. Participate in daily Medication Supervisor shift changes to assure proper degree of communication and proper procedures are adhered to in counting controlled drugs.
- Facilitates the monthly pharmacy consultant reviews and participates in exit meeting the pharmacist and Executive Director. Follows-up to assure any findings are corrected and staff are in serviced as needed.
- Assures that the medication room is clean, organized, and uncluttered.
- Assures that medications and all required records are completed and in place for each new admission. Assures Resident Assistants and Medication Supervisors are aware of each new admission and are familiar with their care needs.
- Assures proper procedures are adhered to in the receipt and documenting of medications received from delivering pharmacies.
- Assures monthly resident vitals are recorded. This may be delegated to Medication Supervisors with final review by Resident Care Director. Assures that any significant changes are brought to the attention of the Executive Director, physician, and family.
- Assures Resident Assistants and Medication Supervisors are properly trained in emergency procedures, e.g., a resident who has fallen, has a skin tear, a change in behavior or appearance, choking, respiratory, distress, chest pains, etc. Assures that Medication Supervisors are properly trained in completing required documentation to send a resident to the emergency room.
- Assures that an incident report Is completed for any unusual, out of the ordinary, occurrence involving residents, staff, or visitors. Assures that the Executive Director reviews and makes review notes on each incident report and that the reports are maintained in chronological order, available for State review when required.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director and as a member of the management team of the community, assures the high morale of staff in working together as a cohesive team. Communicates with other department heads and with the Executive Director and Community Relations Director toward the end of assuring that all members of the management team are kept abreast of information needed to best fulfill their responsibilities and assuring highest quality of care of residents and facility.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, assures that State required Individual Service Plans (Texas) are completed and updated as required by State regulations.
- Attends, participates in, conducts, and documents staff meetings and in services as may be required from time to time.
- Performs job responsibilities and tasks in a safe, workmanlike manner. Reports any unsafe situation immediately to the Executive Director.
- Is responsible for complying with being on-call and serving as Manager on Duty as directed by the Executive Director.
- Assures that resident chart records and records documenting services provided by outside healthcare professionals are maintained properly in accordance with State requirements and company policy.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
A candidate for Resident Care Director must possess exemplary work ethics, excellent communication skills, leadership, supervision and staff development capabilities, organization skills, and a desire to assure that residents are provided with the highest quality of care. Experience in supervising medications and supervising staff in a long-term care setting is required. Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull forty pounds, to move about the facility quickly and be able to physically assist residents daily and in the event of emergencies.
Preference may be given to LVN or RN candidates.
Click Here To Apply