East Georgia Healthcare Center of Baxley, is currently seeking a Patient Representative to interact with patients in person and by telephone with a respectful greeting and salutation. The Patient Representative will also provide general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. Adheres to and supports the patient-centered medical home concept. Office hours Monday 8am-7pm, Tuesday-Thursday 8am-5pm, Friday 8am-2pm.
- Greets patients in a professional, courteous, helpful and timely manner.
- Schedules patient appointments with appropriate visit types.
- Answers telephone by greeting every caller, identifying self & EGHC and offering assistance.
- Performs data entry of patient demographics accurately.
- Monitors patients in waiting room.
- Collects correct patient copays.
- Completes and documents patient slide information accurately.
- Provides patient check-outs and schedules return visits.
- Assists with medical records process for site: a. scanning information into patient record b. processing patient medical record requests to other healthcare providers
- Performs morning and afternoon lobby checks to ensure orderly neatness.
- Maintains office housekeeping as requested.
- Assists other sites as directed.
- Works cooperatively with billing staff to ensure correct and timely processing of patient data for billing
- Accurately logs telephone encounters & assigns to appropriate staff in EHR system
- Checks patient insurance eligibility and documents appropriately
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external & internal contacts.
- Takes initiative & action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service needs in a timely manner.
- Performs other job related duties as requested.
High School Diploma.
Two years medical office experience or related job experience
East Georgia Heath Care provides excellent benefits including, health, life, dental & disability insurance, retirement, staff incentive plan, paid holidays, with vacation & sick time included.
East Georgia Healthcare Center is a Federally Qualified Healthcare Center with 11 county service area offering a fully integrated healthcare home experience for patients.
East Georgia Health Care is an equal opportunity employer and provider.
Job Type: Full-time
East Georgia Healthcare Center provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply