We are currently Seeking a Team Support Worker to join our residential team and help us fulfill our mission to help children and families create a better future. As a Team Support Worker, you will have the opportunity to work with foster youth, ages 13-18. The Team Support Worker is responsible for the direct supervision of youth while in our care. You will assist youth who have suffered trauma in acquiring the knowledge, skills, and tools to break the cycle of abuse and experience success in achieving their goals with hope for a brighter future.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We value and celebrate diversity and hire accordingly. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to act as a positive role model and will proactively help children overcome the effects of prior trauma.
Trinity is committed to providing the training, support, and strategies for success in this role.
Team Support Workers:
- Maintain “line-of-sight” supervision of youth, focusing on behavior, safety, and general well-being.
- Promote growth and development in the children and assist them in reaching goals in accordance with their individualized treatment plan.
- Document behavioral problems, injuries, or accidents and provide complete and accurate documentation and reports as assigned.
- Use appropriate Trauma Informed interventions to redirect behavior and help each child develop his/her own capacity for self-control.
- Drive a vehicle and transport youth when necessary.
- High school diploma or GED at a minimum, in addition to one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Social Sciences or Child Development,
- Previous experience as an employee or volunteer at a group home, STRTP, or substance abuse treatment program for at least one year;
- “Lived” experience in the child welfare, mental health, juvenile justice, or developmental disabilities system as a consumer or caregiver;
- Minimum of one hundred (100) hours of relevant experience working with youth as a mentor, athletic coach, teacher, vocational coach, tutor or counselor.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and able to pass a physical examination; drug clearance; criminal background check and Child Abuse Index check.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license with clean DMV history and the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle and be insurable by Trinity’s insurance carrier.
- Should have an interest in working directly with youth in accordance with the general requirements as established in the California Administrative Code, Title 22.
- Must communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing in English. Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus.
Team Support Worker Salary is $15.50/hour with a degree, $15.00/hour without a degree, and $14.00/hour for on-call.
Why work for Trinity Youth Services?
In addition to providing employees with the opportunity to make a positive, significant, lasting difference in the lives of children and families in a supportive setting, Trinity also offers the following:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Education Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation
- Sick Time & Medical Leave
- Retirement Plans
- Career Advancement Opportunities
About Trinity Youth Services
Since 1966, Trinity has been a premier provider of children’s programs and services in California, specializing in Short-Term residential Therapeutic Programs (STRTP), mental health services, foster care, Intensive Services Foster Care (ISFC) and adoption. Since its inception, Trinity has helped more than 65,000 children and youth.
Trinity seeks team members with a genuine commitment to the empowerment of at-risk children and their families, and a willingness to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment, which requires dedication and a desire to have a positive impact on the lives of children who have experienced trauma. We believe that training and career development are keys to employee retention and satisfaction, and we prefer to promote from within.
We value safety, well-being, and permanency for children and youth.
We value embracing research, best practices and proven approaches that help children and youth.
We value staff and are committed to providing them with the knowledge, skills, and tools to be successful.
We value the ability to adapt and change as the needs of our stakeholders adapt and change.
We value open, honest and transparent governance and management practices.
For more information about Trinity Youth Services, please visit our website at www.trinityys.org
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 – $15.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- group home or STRTP: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply