We are a busy optometry office looking to fill the position of Technician/Pretester. Ideally, we’d like someone who has previous experience working in an optometrists office, but we are willing to train the right person/ experience not required. We have a full staff of dedicated professionals who really care about the patient experience and the practice. We are hiring for a full-time (36- 40 hrs) Pretester. The office is open Monday – Saturday, schedule may vary, but we are looking the fill our Tuesday – Saturday opening shift position.
The following qualities are desirable:
– “Get-it-done” attitude, takes initiative
– Someone who can multitask, and do it well
– Computer literate
– Outgoing, does not shy away from patient interaction
– Office is open Monday – Saturday, shifts may vary
– Can work with a variety of personalities, willing to help in other areas of the office
It is the Pretester’s duty to perform much of the preparatory work for eye examinations.
Below are some examples of the job duties that they will be expected to perform(on the job training provided!):
– Auto refraction
– Preliminary case history including current medical conditions
– Visual acuities dial in phoropter
– Visual fields
– Fundus photography
– Rooming patients
– Contact lens training and ordering
– Helping front desk with phone calls, scheduling, ect.
– Other duties as needed by management and the office
– Major medical
– Paid time off
-Paid major holidays
– Indemnity plans
– 401-K and more
Qualifications and Skills
Spanish speaker is a plus- but not required
Previous experience in a medical office preferred, but willing to train the right candidate.
Experience not required.
If you are interested in this position, please apply today!
*Previous candidates need not apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $16.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Optometry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply