“I’ve done a lot of different things in nursing but have never felt as fulfilled as I have in hospice in an on-call position.”
-Alaina, On-Call Registered Nurse
As a Compassus nurse, you have the autonomy to utilize your nursing skills. You are relied upon to take care of patients and families who need help after hours in typically urgent times. You are invited into patients’ homes and lives during uncertain times and have the honor of becoming a trusted face. For many of our team members, this is more than a career — it’s a calling.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our team today as a Hospice On-Call RN to positively impact the experiences of patients and families.
As the On-Call RN, you will work to fill in for after-hours and weekend needs, as they arise for our patients. You will participate as a crucial member of the Inter-Disciplinary Team (IDT) to deliver care that meets the needs of patients and their families. You will help the patient and family maintain their maximum level of comfort and coping for after-hours emergency support and flex your schedule to meet agency-staffing needs. Typical schedules may include weekends only, weeknights only, or seven days on, seven days off.
- Provide routine and emergency assessments of our patients after hours
- Provide educational and evaluative services to patients and families
- Record observations, treatments, and other pertinent information
- Collaborate with the Inter-Disciplinary Team to coordinate hospice care to ensure appropriateness, continuity and quality of care
- Assist in identifying the need for intervention of other IDT members
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Understanding and passion for the hospice philosophy
- Receptive, approachable, and quick to respond to direction and assignments
- Ability to work a scheduled but flexible schedule, to include evenings and weekends
- Ability to travel after hours to patients’ homes and nursing facilities in the community
- Valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Registered Nurse licensed in the state of employment. Minimum of one year nursing practice or equivalent experience
- Louisiana: Two years full time experience as a Registered Nurse or two years clinical in hospice
- Mississippi: 1 year full time experience as a Registered Nurse or 3 years full time continuous employment as a Licensed Practical Nurse immediately preceding Registered Nurse licensure
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Click Here To Apply