Position: Occupational / Industrial Safety Professional
Industry: Science Technical
Location: Everett, WA
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
The incumbent will execute occupational safety projects from start to finish. This role will routinely involve a blend of (1) workplace / shop floor industrial safety exposure assessment tasks, and (2) safety program management effectiveness evaluations and continuous improvement support.
While the prominent technical area associated with this position is Industrial/Occupational Safety, a solid base of knowledge in Ergonomics and Industrial Hygiene is also desirable. The incumbent will also provide project leadership and project management functions as needed. Perhaps most importantly, the incumbent will be an energetic self-starter with the ability to work independently and produce results within budget and timeframe.
Your Responsibilities as an Apex Occupational Safety Professional:
- Providing comprehensive occupational safety consulting services to clients, including conducting shop floor observations focused on identifying, assessing and risk-ranking employee exposures to injury, and devising solution options aimed at mitigating injury exposures.
- In collaboration with Apex client relationship managers, coordinates and executes industrial safety projects within set organizational procedures and standards.
- In close routine collaboration with the external customer, designs, implements and executes an agreed-to service plan. Monitors and reports progress on plan completion as directed. Works with numerous internal and external stakeholders in the interest of achieving desired overall project velocity.
- Acts as an advisor to the customer on occupational safety issues.
- Works with the overall Apex client relationship manager to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Provides input to client relationship managers or business development staff on potential new EHS projects. Participates in business development activities as directed.
Why you will want to work at Apex:
- Company-subsidized medical and dental plans
- Health Savings Accounts available for employees participating in one of our high-deductible medical plan options
- Optional, employee-paid vision coverage
- Company-paid life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability coverage
- Voluntary Additional Life Coverage for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Optional participation in a Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Other miscellaneous employee voluntary plans, such as Legal Shield and Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Paid Company-Observed Holidays
- Participation in our 401(K) plan, including discretionary quarterly and annual corporate match
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 900+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree required – preferably, in a science or engineering field.
- 6 to 8 years of hands-on experience required, working in the occupational safety / employee accident prevention field (or the equivalent of experience, education and certifications). 10+ years of experience would be more desirable.
- Desirable, but not required: Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE), or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) professional accreditation.
- Experience in manufacturing-&-assembly industries / heavy industry settings a plus. Experience in the aerospace and defense or automotive industry a further plus.
- Possess an extensive knowledge of occupational safety technical subject matter and how to apply it in real-life settings. Highly familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the occupational safety field. Just a few topics where strong technical knowledge is required:
- Shop Floor Hazard Identification Surveys
- Job Safety Analysis / Job Hazard Analysis
- Employee Injury Data Analysis
- Machine Guarding
- Slip/Trip/Fall Prevention
- Falls from Elevation
- Lockout/Tagout & Energized Electrical Equipment Safety
- Confined Space Entry
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety Committees & Conducting Safety Meetings/Training: for Touch Labor, Supervisory Staff, and Management
- Powered Industrial Truck Safety
- Contractor Safety
- Broad spectrum OSHA Regulations understanding
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- A great deal of creativity and self-starter initiative is required. This position entails routine ongoing work and negotiation with numerous customer stakeholders – all of whom need to be ‘satisfied’ with respect to project purpose, scope, and tactics.
- Relies on experience and judgment paired with the overall work statement provided by the customer to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ensures compliance with all EHS regulations, and keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
- Strong technical writing skills, the ability to successfully multi-task, safety awareness, and a good record and understanding of safe work practices
- Experience with data management and report preparation.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving history required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant, Olivia, will get you connected with our hiring team today or visit http://www.workatapexcos.com.
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Click Here To Apply