If you are an LPN looking for a career you can grow in, where you are willing to go above and beyond, and work alongside some of the top providers in the area then Alliance Spine and Pain Centers is the right place for you. We are looking for eager and ready to learn LPN for our Canton.
This is full-time position that offers a great benefits package!
Act as liaison between patients and healthcare providers, including documenting clinical notes in the EMR. The role may include ASC responsibilities, clinic responsibilities, or a combination of the two.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities-ASC
- Prepare patient for visit by directing them to the Pre-Operative area, providing gowns and appropriate instruction, as well as collecting appropriate samples.
- Explain the reason for the visit and obtain appropriate consent.
- Collect and record vital signs and medical history; report abnormal values to pre-operative nurse or healthcare provider.
- Assist nurse in preparing prescriptions and entering documentation in the electronic medical records.
- Must be able to document and maintain appropriate work flow in patient’s electronic medical records.
- Maintain pre-operative area with appropriate supplies.
- Maintain necessary equipment to insure proper functioning.
- Transport patients to and from Operating Room and to their vehicle when necessary.
- Clean and sanitize all pre-operative and PACU rooms, as needed, at the end of the day.
- Restock all ASC rooms with the appropriate supplies.
- Make post-operative calls to patients, as required.
- Respond to patient phone calls sent via Telephone Encounter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities-Clinic
- Monitor the S schedule for patient arrivals. Collect the patient from the waiting room and assist to a clinic room, making the patient ready on the schedule.
- Mark appropriate room number in patient’s electronic medical records.
- Document and maintain appropriate work flow in patient’s electronic medical records.
- Merge the patient’s chart, take vitals, verify medication and triage patient for provider.
- Follow procedure for collecting, preparing, documenting, and shipping urine specimens to the laboratory.
- Prepare prescriptions for provider signatures.
- Complete the patient’s chart. Mark the chart as done. (Must be done by the end of the work day.)
- Start procedure prior authorizations the day it is received. Complete within 72 hours.
- Notify the patient and document the process of the prior authorization.
- Clean and sanitize clinic rooms, as required, at the end of the day.
- Restock clinic rooms with the appropriate items.
- Other duties as assigned by healthcare providers, Charge Nurse, Clinic Lead, or Regional Administrator.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Must be a LPN
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR AED) certification required or obtained within 30 days of hire
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program
- Must have at least 6 months experience in a medical office
- Pain management experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, and correct spelling of medications
Strong customer service skills. Ability to maintain good relationships with providers and coworkers. Ability to effectively give and receive information from patients, providers and other ASPC employees.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to manage time efficiently.
Must have the ability to become proficient with the eClinicalWorks EMR system. Prior experience with an EMR required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and occasionally sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. The employee must assist getting patients, of all sizes and weights, on and off the surgical table. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- Required to wear approximately 5 pound lead apron during procedures.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee is exposed to radiation due to the use of fluoroscopy.
- The employee may be required to travel between multiple locations.
Click Here To Apply