Under the direct supervision of the Manager of Provider Information Management, responsible for credentialing of ancillary providers and associated activities in support of the credentialing process as outlined in THP policy CR-07 in accordance with established Health Plan credentialing policies following NCQA, Medicare, the state of West Virginia, West Virginia Medicaid, and the state of Ohio policies and procedures.
- Associates Degree or high school diploma/equivalent and two years related healthcare experience;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload to meet deadlines, and pay meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve and work as a team as well as independently ;
- Experience in personal computer software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Bachelors Degree;
- Previous credentialing experience;
- CPCS Certification;
- Experience with data systems;
- Knowledge of medical coding and terminology.
- Performs ancillary credentialing and re-credentialing functions,
- Daily monitoring of application status and documents progress to ensure compliance,
- Review and process ancillary initial credentialing and re-credentialing applications and supporting documentation to identify possible issues. Follows up with responsible party to obtain missing information,
- Ensure that re-credentialing applications are completed timely to prevent any lapse in participation,
- Identifies credentialing applications with variances and complies information for management review,
- Accurate data entry, document scanning, and navigation of provider data systems,
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of The Health Plan and other regulatory/governing entities as well as following standards established by NCQA, CMS, BMS, and the states of West Virginia and Ohio,
- Assists with national, state, and internal audits,
- Works collaboratively with the Provider Delivery Services team as well as all internal departments,
- Teamwork to manage credentialing application volume,
- Assists with training and development of employees related to the ancillary credentialing process,
- Maintains confidentiality of provider information,
- Enters newly contracted ancillary providers into HEART to ensure correct claims payment to accurately populate provider directory information.
Click Here To Apply