Light of Hearts Villa (LOHV)
Prep Cook/Dietary Aide
Director of Dining Services, and Assistant Director of Dining Services
Flexible individual who will assume responsibilities of prep cook to assist in the kitchen; Can assume the role of lead cook for any meal; Performs duties of dietary aide as a dining room server for all shifts as needed; Performs duties in the dish room for all shifts as needed.
Must have availability from 7 AM – 6 PM including weekends and holidays, but hours are flexible.
Qualifications and Job Duties:
− To assist the Chef with meal production, and is point person in charge when the Chef is not there.
− Responsible to guide and direct other employees, relying on experience and judgment to plan and to have meals ready to serve on time.
− Direct and guide the dietary aides in the area of food preparation, and assist them, when needed.
− Helps in getting the prep list completed.
− Responsible, along with other dietary staff, to keep the kitchen clean and safe.
− Responsible to serve the residents in a friendly, high quality standard.
− Sets up the dining room for residents and guests.
− Responsible, along with dietary staff, for cleaning the dining area and the coffee area.
− Responsible for cleaning, drying and putting away dishes, pots and pans.
− Follow procedures that meet with the requirements of the Health Department and those instructed by the Chef.
− Maintains cleanliness and safety in the dish room.
− Sweep and wash the kitchen and dish room floor.
− Help keep the storage/stock areas organized and clean.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to follow written/verbal instructions.
- Must be able to crouch, twist, grasp, lift, push, pull, stand, balance, kneel and stoop adequately to perform the essential functions of the job.
General Duties/Responsibilities Required for all Positions:
- Follow established performance standards and implements facility policies and procedures.
- Follow the mission and vision of Light of Hearts Villa.
- Assume accountability for all data contained in the Employee Handbook.
- Perform other duties as directed by your immediate supervisor, department manager or Executive Director.
- Come to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrate dependability and punctuality.
- Clocks in and out appropriately
- Attend staff meetings, facility education programs and in-service classes as scheduled and required.
- Accept assigned duties in a cooperative manner.
- Assume personal responsibility for following facility procedures related to control of equipment and supplies within the facility.
- Clean and store equipment in appropriate places.
- Assist new employees in following established facility policies and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism from supervisor or department manager and act accordingly.
- Come to work in a clean, neat manner and consistently present an appropriate professional appearance.
- Assume responsibility for compliance with federal, state and local regulations for a Licensed Residential Care Facility.
- Meets all licensure requirements.
- Follow Resident Rights policies at all times.
- Assure that all medical record/resident and employee information is protected and kept confidential.
- Demonstrate the ability to work cooperatively with residents and staff.
- Observe all facility safety policies and procedures.
- Be responsible for the safety and well-being of residents in the facility.
- Identify safety hazards and initiate corrective action.
- Follow OSHA Standards as demonstrated by facility policies.
- Observe infection control procedures as demonstrated by facility policies.
- Document incidents and/or unusual problems according to established facility policies.
- Maintain records of appropriate documentation according to federal, state and local regulations.
- Perform all duties assigned in an effective and timely manner.
- Maintains professional boundaries
- Follows universal precautions
- Complies with meal breaks and other breaks as outlined in employee handbook
- Other duties as assigned
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $13.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
- Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply